BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh I know but still... Are they that short?? Those numbers will probably be the next ones to go...

It's probably based on the run. An operator could have a school piece and an express run in the AM, not allowing much time to swap buses at the depot. So they might as well take out whatever MCI or Prevost they get.

Edited by Cait Sith

It's probably based on the run. An operator could have a school piece and an express run in the AM, not allowing much time to swap buses at the depot. So they might as well take out whatever MCI or Prevost they get.

That's possible and with Yukon they do have guys that will do runs on short notice... In other words take on a run that no one else could fill.

This might not be the last of a school tripper MCI, then...

Caught an old C40LF today. 868. Bus had soo much vibration and the driver was gunning it. I saw 2 on the B16 1 on the B63 and 2 on the B8 i was on the B8.Video uploading later...

BTW. First recording from GS3 lemme know what you think

Also...when i was on the S52 i saw 2216 back engine cover open...then it pulled over on the expressway....it might go to the vendor...idk

Caught an old C40LF today. 868. Bus had soo much vibration and the driver was gunning it. I saw 2 on the B16 1 on the B63 and 2 on the B8 i was on the B8.Video uploading later...

BTW. First recording from GS3 lemme know what you think

Also...when i was on the S52 i saw 2216 back engine cover open...then it pulled over on the expressway....it might go to the vendor...idk

Actually it's still in service lol (2216) it's on the X10.

It's a beat up piece of Yukon junk.

Still better than Castleton's garbage MCIs....

That's possible and with Yukon they do have guys that will do runs on short notice... In other words take on a run that no one else could fill.

It was an express run, 92 on the X1-9 straight. Instead of the driver swapping buses at the depot, they dispatcher probably told the driver to take an MCI and keep it, then once he drops out from the school he finished the school piece at, he start at the Transit Center instead.

Something was telling me to leave my house early this morning, I was seething when i saw the bus come up on GPS ! Not to mention 6300 was right behind it....

Edited by LRG

Correct, the operator programs the farebox to collect either local or express fares, no matter what the bus type is. You can have a Nova LFS for what it's worth and it can do an express trip. Back when the Orion 5 and RTS suburbans were still around, those buses would do trips on both express AND local routes, all the driver has to do is program the farebox.

Correct, the operator programs the farebox to collect either local or express fares, no matter what the bus type is. You can have a Nova LFS for what it's worth and it can do an express trip. Back when the Orion 5 and RTS suburbans were still around, those buses would do trips on both express AND local routes, all the driver has to do is program the farebox.

Oohh ok thanks that makes sense

Oohh ok thanks that makes sense

Years ago there was an Orion on the X16 so yeah this is true...

I wouldn't say that since Yukon has been sending MCIs to Castleton and Charleston for work as of late :lol:

Yukon, Castleton and Charleston are all one big joke. Castleton had an excuse before due to overcrowding but they're still not that great.  The only thing that makes it seem like their maintenance has become better is because they've received newer fleet.

Years ago there was an Orion on the X16 so yeah this is true...

Yukon, Castleton and Charleston are all one big joke. Castleton had an excuse before due to overcrowding but they're still not that great.  The only thing that makes it seem like their maintenance has become better is because they've received newer fleet.

And they got a new maintenance supervisor after they got the 2200s, he did turn things around.