BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

2737 was on the S55 this morning. It did a school tripper from the Transit Center to Wendy Drive.

I'm going to the Transit Center early tomorrow and see if I catch it. It left the same time it did on Friday when an MCI ran on the S55 as well.

If a Prevost ran on the S55 I would be no good at all!!!

You know you're a foamer when...

:P:lol:

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do i know the LBSS? Well.

1. Someone mention the LBSS was messing with the XD40s and the mobile vendor had to come

2. Now someone mentions that 8000-8014 have to get reprogrammed or something.. those also have LBSS.

For the record, the Xcelsiors still have LBSS installed and activated so its not that..its probably some kind of other work with the LFS...

How do i know the LBSS? Well.

1. Someone mention the LBSS was messing with the XD40s and the mobile vendor had to come

2. Now someone mentions that 8000-8014 have to get reprogrammed or something.. those also have LBSS.

1. Just how do you know that someone's info is actually accurate?

2. Or maybe it could be the signs that need to be reprogrammed? Or something with the bus? Remember, those buses were the FIRST to be in service out of the test units!

I guess the motto for you and some others here are "When it doubt, blame LBSS"

Let's just wait and see...

Edited by Cait Sith

I know but it's not only the Bronx that doesn't have good maintenance... Plus, the Bronx in my opinion is ideal for testing out artics... Different terrain in different areas...

lol... Well there aren't too many other places to put them... Staten Island doesn't have any routes that could use them and Queens isn't much better in terms of tearing up buses...

The S44 had some problems yesterday. Apparently, people were waiting up to 45 minutes because buses were flagging people (one of the people said the buses weren't full, but my friend was one one of those buses, and he says they were). Fortunately, I arrived towards the tail end of the delay, so I didn't have to wait that long, and I actually got a seat (we got hammered at the stops further down, though). I wonder what the story was.

The S44 had some problems yesterday. Apparently, people were waiting up to 45 minutes because buses were flagging people (one of the people said the buses weren't full, but my friend was one one of those buses, and he says they were). Fortunately, I arrived towards the tail end of the delay, so I didn't have to wait that long, and I actually got a seat (we got hammered at the stops further down, though). I wonder what the story was.

It's not the first time that's happened with the S44. In fact, my B/O friend from Yukon couldn't do his S94 AM trip on Monday since Yukon was short on buses. As a result, several S44s were crushloaded.

It's not the first time that's happened with the S44. In fact, my B/O friend from Yukon couldn't do his S94 AM trip on Monday since Yukon was short on buses. As a result, several S44s were crushloaded.

That's weird, though, because it sounds like they were crushloaded after they left Victory (or maybe even before then, but Victory makes the most sense). Most of the time, when buses get packed, it's usually north of the expressway (and it's pretty rare to see a packed bus at that time of the morning). It must've been a really bad shortage then.