BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup, I saw that bus outside KP mall last month. I still don't like the all blue vs the old MC orange and gold scheme. I hate the change, the previous one was better.

Having rode a 5300 artic again today, I will admit that I was wrong in thinking the back section lost some seats. It's just now the new configuration will make it less leg room for the window side seat, but at least the outer seat will have more leg room. So either way, as long as the conversation seat arrangement is gone, I'm fine with it. Now if only they changed those bench seats with more forward facing 2 seaters like what the xd60s have and it'd be perfect.

Rode 4229 this morning, it's the few (if not only NG) with the 1x2 seating (except for the one seat opposite from the door, which is a 2 seater) that you'd find on the newer 3g buses.

Quiet you... Seen any naked buses running around of late? lol

Lol! 

--

I was looking at a shot of 2719 from last year, and I noticed that bus still had on the original $4.00 fare sticker on the outside of the bus. Lost count of how many times the fare changed since that was the express bus number, anybody know if that stuck around with the new $6.00 stickers or if that's gone?

Edited by MHV9218

Yup, I saw that bus outside KP mall last month. I still don't like the all blue vs the old MC orange and gold scheme. I hate the change, the previous one was better.

Having rode a 5300 artic again today, I will admit that I was wrong in thinking the back section lost some seats. It's just now the new configuration will make it less leg room for the window side seat, but at least the outer seat will have more leg room. So either way, as long as the conversation seat arrangement is gone, I'm fine with it. Now if only they changed those bench seats with more forward facing 2 seaters like what the xd60s have and it'd be perfect.

Rode 4229 this morning, it's the few (if not only NG) with the 1x2 seating (except for the one seat opposite from the door, which is a 2 seater) that you'd find on the newer 3g buses.

I like the blue on the metrocard bus since blue is my favorite color...

Vintage Vittorio.

LOL! So true...

I always see it running on the B64 :(

I hopee tomorrow its on the B1 oh pleasee UP!

Hmm it might be.. It's just a plain boring bus. They fixed whatever was wrong with it, I remember the tranny was grunting & all that.

Quite frankly I feel like complaining about that bus... It should be sent to the junk yard. They should use something more environmentally friendly, like a hybrid bus or something.

Damn that friendly environmental crap, it's always good to see an RTS around. Honestly I will miss those when they go.

Had a huge group of visitors from the LACMTA Central Maintenance shop come through Zerega today. Don't know why they were here, but they took plenty of pictures and acted like a bunch of tourist. I wish I could get hooked up with a tour like that. I would check out their maintenance shops and i would also see if I could get a tour of CTA's shops as well

One of the visitors did say that LACMTA was suppose to be taking in an order of 550 XN40's. That plus what looks like this MTA favoring the XD40's (hopefully for that 600 bus order), makes me think I should try to buy some NFI stock lol.

Edited by Blitz

Hmm it might be.. It's just a plain boring bus. They fixed whatever was wrong with it, I remember the tranny was grunting & all that.

Damn that friendly environmental crap, it's always good to see an RTS around. Honestly I will miss those when they go.

Ever heard of The Countdown to Extinction by MEGADETH??  :D

There's nothing wrong with the bus...

Oh, I beg to differ...

That was then...they don't pollute any more than what a regular bus would now

Yeah well they're an eyesore for the community as well.  If they're only using one bus, get a hybrid for crying out loud.

I always see it running on the B64 :(

I hopee tomorrow its on the B1 oh pleasee UP!

LMAO... Please let someone from UP read this and make this kid's dream come true...  :lol:

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

1. Yeah well they're an eyesore for the community as well.  If they're only using one bus, get a hybrid for crying out loud.

2. LMAO... Please let someone from UP read this and make this kid's dream come true...  :lol:

1. There's a reason they used retired buses. What's the point of taking a good hybrid out of service for the sake of a MetroCard bus that doesn't even run every day?

2. LOL... I like 9444 from GA but I don't run around wishing for it to show up...