BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Today sucked....

Got on the B70...crowded...then it emptied out...so i made a vid

Then i hopped on the S53 with loud kids on the bus throughtout the whole ride...in the tight ass high seat...i hate that stupid high seat in the back no damm leg room

Then i loose my student metrocard on the s53...probably fell out my sweats

So i had some change in my bag that i used

Then i hope on the S76 and i walk to the back and these two guys start flirting with me...very awkward and uncomfortable ride

Then i hope on the S52 going to ferry with transfer and that bus had madd people with some loud ignorant adults in the back

Then i refill my reg metro card to hop on the s78 and i miss it....bus wasnt on bustime

Then i catch the next s78 and guess what it gets packed with loud kids and loud people...

So i was only able to make 1 vid

And my trip to coney island was cancelled meaning no XD40s

Imagine if 4888 was out there :(

I hate to say this,but it was...

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I saw Ex-Fairfax #7876 in Jackson Heights today signed up as SHUTTLE and with people on it. My first thought was that the MTA had bought it, lol.

I know some Jewish companies (including Private Transportation) in Brooklyn bought them. They had a ton of them to sell so I guess someone else got their hands on one or a few.

Today sucked....

Got on the B70...crowded...then it emptied out...so i made a vid

Then i hopped on the S53 with loud kids on the bus throughtout the whole ride...in the tight ass high seat...i hate that stupid high seat in the back no damm leg room

Then i loose my student metrocard on the s53...probably fell out my sweats

So i had some change in my bag that i used

Then i hope on the S76 and i walk to the back and these two guys start flirting with me...very awkward and uncomfortable ride

Then i hope on the S52 going to ferry with transfer and that bus had madd people with some loud ignorant adults in the back

Then i refill my reg metro card to hop on the s78 and i miss it....bus wasnt on bustime

Then i catch the next s78 and guess what it gets packed with loud kids and loud people...

So i was only able to make 1 vid

And my trip to coney island was cancelled meaning no XD40s

Imagine if 4888 was out there :(

TMI lmao.. oh & 4899 has returned from le vendor this afternoon... Been gone for about 2-3 weeks.

I know some Jewish companies (including Private Transportation) in Brooklyn bought them. They had a ton of them to sell so I guess someone else got their hands on one or a few.

The thing is that I've seen those in Brooklyn and Manhattan, but this one was in at 74th Street/Jackson Heights, it still says #7876 in the front, and it doesn't have a double digit number like the other ones.

The thing is that I've seen those in Brooklyn and Manhattan, but this one was in at 74th Street/Jackson Heights, it still says #7876 in the front, and it doesn't have a double digit number like the other ones.

Those are the ikea shuttles, at least thats what I was told. I saw that same bus at 60 / Roosevelt right at the Q53 terminal on Thursday. (ask CT1660, hes the one who told me)

So i'm guessing Orion V CNGs no longer run on the (A) shuttle, I stood near where it first turns onto that highway from Central Ave for about 4 hours, same buses over and over. From what I see they are no longer allowed to use that lot to store buses. 

Edited by 4P3607

Just as I predicted last night, it's easier for me to just take the (C) to Franklin Av and then catch the B49 home, even though it's a slightly longer walk.

So my trip home was (4) -> (C) -> B49.

I'll predict my trip home tonight, tomorrow and for the following week after...

Express Bus: BxM1 or BxM2 -> home.

Express Bus: BxM1, BxM2 or BxM18

MetroNorth -> Hudson Rail Link -> home.

Well you get the idea...  :lol:

As to which one is faster, that's a toss up... 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Remember that like steam sound that it was making in your recording...something like a whine...or squealing...maybe thatwas the problem

Always on the damm B64

Nope, it's suppose to do that. That's how it sounds. It went to Canada "new flyer" then came back..

One bus would be a waste of resources?? How old is 8319 now??? That bus is at least 20 years old... As far as things being old=dirty, no... It's just that the  isn't known for its cleanliness, esp. not with the subways or local buses.  
And what would you replace the bus taken for the MC bus then? Something has to go fill in the void. As Shane pointed out already, the bus doesn't leave the engine on. It just sits where ever it is and then it turns on and leaves the area. Unless you are going to help pay the MTA to get a newer buses to replace it, then why is it so important for you to have everything new? Someone is going to end up with something old, and then they are going to complain. The MTA doesn't have a bottomless budget to go out and retire all the buses you deem as old and buy new buses. The Xd40s have their issues and the nova lfs buses have that odd interior layout, so it's not like the alternatives have been great so far.

I wipe the handlebar on any bus/train new and old, so it doesn't make a difference. So that point is invalid.

B103 is O5 CNG city for anyone who's interested... rode 9851 and saw 746 earlier. Same thing with the Bees on the Q35.

Also, 903 was on the B67.

I pretty much see 144 or 149 like every other day now. I've seen some o5 cngs OOS on Av H, but haven't seen them running inservice on the B103 in a while. I saw an 800/900 yesterday on the B9.

Edited by Grand Concourse

I'll predict my trip home tonight, tomorrow and for the following week after...

Express Bus: BxM1, BxM2 or BxM18

MetroNorth -> Hudson Rail Link -> home.

Well you get the idea...  :lol:

As to which one is faster, that's a toss up... 

My options...

(A) --> (G)

B38

B54

Yeah... essentially one seat rides.

Yesterday, I was on the S44, and it was around 7:50 or so, and the B/O pulled up to the stop and opened the door. The woman said she was waiting for the S94, so the B/O just closed the doors and left. The last S94 of the morning passed that stop around 25 minutes earlier. I would've said something, but it happened too quickly. I wonder when the woman realized (or when a B/O told her) that the S94 had already stopped running.

If she really wanted limited-stop service, she could've just walked down a couple of blocks to the S98 (last bus is around 8:10 or so), or walked a couple of blocks up to the S96 (last bus is around 8:20 or so). But the S44 would've been the quickest way anyway. (Especially when it was right in front of her).

Why 4 SI bound X1 Buses are bunching, I dont know, but that means that:

1. Some traffic condition screwed up the bus

2. There was a  60 Minute wait for the X1 (BO's Fault).

It's been a problem of late for some reason... Recently when I was on the X17 there were a bunch of missing X1's... People were asking if the X1 was running...

Yesterday, I was on the S44, and it was around 7:50 or so, and the B/O pulled up to the stop and opened the door. The woman said she was waiting for the S94, so the B/O just closed the doors and left. The last S94 of the morning passed that stop around 25 minutes earlier. I would've said something, but it happened too quickly. I wonder when the woman realized (or when a B/O told her) that the S94 had already stopped running.

If she really wanted limited-stop service, she could've just walked down a couple of blocks to the S98 (last bus is around 8:10 or so), or walked a couple of blocks up to the S96 (last bus is around 8:20 or so). But the S44 would've been the quickest way anyway. (Especially when it was right in front of her).

As f**ked up as it sounds I don't help as many people as I used to. Personally I feel people should be responsible for their own damn commutes. I mean, if you needed help would likely you wouldn't get it from 90% of passengers.

In my case, I found people are ignorant and refuse to learn for themselves. Case in point, this one woman in my locale continues to ask for the general estimate of the times for the routes she uses. I just don't care anymore, pick up a damn timetable and learn yourself.