BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With all those Xcelsior orders they have...New Flyer is moving too fast. .

NFI Doesn't play games lol, they're just about done. BTW the oler C40's are almost out the door, only 5 left in service at JG. 839, 868, 878, 881, 923, 934, 945, 958, 979 & 983 Out of commission, sitting against the fence.

NFI Doesn't play games lol, they're just about done. BTW the oler C40's are almost out the door, only 5 left in service at JG. 839, 868, 878, 881, 923, 934, 945, 958, 979 & 983 Out of commission, sitting against the fence.

Whoa that escalated quickly... well RIP to them.

Edited by mtattrain

Woahh i just rode and made videos of 868, 881, and 987...1-2weeks ago...now their leaving :(

Those ex beelines need to go as well I was on 184 on the Q112 and it was rattling and the brakes were bad.

Much like our 1998-1999s.

4756 - The whole front of the bus shakes like no tomorrow.

Edited by Cait Sith

Much like our 1998-1999s.

4756 - The whole front of the bus shakes like no tomorrow.

A beeline bus running for 5 years in the MTA makes the feel like its 20 years old.

Oh come on I've been hearing a lot of bad stuff about the XD40 and XD60 I really hope these problems can be fixed and the buses won't have any problems. The LFS is just a small bus even though they all are the same sizes. I wish Orion made artic buses

A beeline bus running for 5 years in the MTA makes the feel like its 20 years old.

Oh come on I've been hearing a lot of bad stuff about the XD40 and XD60 I really hope these problems can be fixed and the buses won't have any problems. The LFS is just a small bus even though they all are the same sizes. I wish Orion made artic buses

The big problem is the orders were rushed

The big problem is the orders were rushed

Well New Flyer was falling way behind schedule, especially for those XD60s... I personally believe that they will do better with bus quality if they are able to stay on schedule next time.

Edited by mtattrain

From reading these posts, these XD buses don't seem much better than the OG/NG Orions build quality wise.

Somewhere Novabus higher ups are probably like :D  at this news lol.

As terrible as the Novabus seating layout is, one thing you gotta give them credit for is those buses is pretty sturdy.

Guest MTA Bus

I literally just saw 983 on the B11 on Monday. Damn

Wow, I had the opportunity one day to ride 923 on the (A) shuttle, though I passed up for an Orion V CNG (glad I did, since they no longer run them on there*). At least 818, 903 and 920 are still in service (hopefully), those are the few good units.

*-After the 40% cut in shuttle bus service, MTAB no longer serves the shuttle, even rush hours. I stood by the part of the Shuttle bus route where it starts on the highway for more than 4 hours, including the first half of rush hour, a few more buses from other NYCT depots we put on the shuttle, but no CNGs. Also, the other day, Dmouse (see Regional Bus Moves/Transfers thread) posted that there are only 10 Orion V CNGs left in service in Queens (5 at CP, 5 assigned to LGA), which means the ones reserved for the shuttle and have no fareboxes are dead. The 10 at SC, however, are still going strong.

Edited by 4P3607

Wow, I had the opportunity one day to ride 923 on the (A) shuttle, though I passed up for an Orion V CNG (glad I did, since they no longer run them on there*). At least 818, 903 and 920 are still in service (hopefully), those are the few good units.

*-After the 40% cut in shuttle bus service, MTAB no longer serves the shuttle, even rush hours. I stood by the part of the Shuttle bus route where it starts on the highway for more than 4 hours, including the first half of rush hour, a few more buses from other NYCT depots we put on the shuttle, but no CNGs. Also, the other day, Dmouse (see Regional Bus Moves/Transfers thread) posted that there are only 10 Orion V CNGs left in service in Queens (5 at CP, 5 assigned to LGA), which means the ones reserved for the shuttle and have no fareboxes are dead. The 10 at SC, however, are still going strong.

I heard they are still running but more in the AM rush than PM.

Just saw (MTA) Bus Co. Orion VII HEV 3762 being towed out to Long Island on the LIE. Was on a private company tow truck, not an (MTA) one!

Your post reminds me of when I seen an Private Tow Truck towed an Hybrid from BP depot a couple of years ago.

I remember seeing that its not as simple as I thought it was to set up these buses to get towed.

Edited by trainfan22

Just saw (MTA) Bus Co. Orion VII HEV 3762 being towed out to Long Island on the LIE. Was on a private company tow truck, not an (MTA) one!

Buses only get towed by MTA trucks, to MTA facilities. Private tow trucks are used when a bus is getting towed to, or from an outside vender's facility. They are also used in cases where buses break down on the highway. If I'm not mistaken, CRS is not allowed to work on highways. So private companies are used to tow buses of the highway to a waiting CRS truck, or in rare cases, all the way back to the depot.