BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Meaning what? I dont mind artics, but the b41 north of the Junction is just terrible for traffic and the buses tends to bunch. You throw in artics only for that line and the problem is much worse. B46 has a pretty high fare beating rate and adding another set of doors to enter is just asking for more lost revenue. Unless the mta is serious on boosting the eagle team numbers to crack down on other, non sbs routes, then fine, but till then, i'd say leave the artics for just the b44sbs, whenever that starts up.

I meant be mostly artic with 40 footers.

Artics on the B41, 44, 46 and 49. Save the RTS and NG's for the 2 and 31.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It would be especially bad when only one limited shows up and there's a mob of people at the stop unless the driver doesn't open up the rear doors.

which is why they need to have the buses better spaced apart than all bunched together. Artics bunching will be worse. I am not against paying before boarding, but do you think the mta will hire more people for the eagle team to check?

I meant be mostly artic with 40 footers.

Artics on the B41, 44, 46 and 49. Save the RTS and NG's for the 2 and 31.

if the artics were on short turn routes, maybe, but i am not convinced they are a good fit for FB even though they run practically one end of the borough to the other.

Since when does the Q72 have a LTD?

As I was on the M60 this morning, I noticed a Q72 LTD sign up over there on 94th/ditmars (southbound dir on 94th)....

Speaking of firsts, I finally decided to ride the Q52 (although it was only to B 92nd)... The walk from B 92nd to B116th wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.....

* For anyone interested...

Early sunday morning, I walked to the (F) (church av), took that to 34th, walked to 42nd/3rd for the 4:45am M101 & took that to 181st (rather slow ride).... crossed amsterdam & crossed 181st & in the distance, I saw that the Bx13 only heading to EL Grant/Plimpton (the f***? didn't know that was a short turn) & walked over to GW bus terminal.... Also didn't realize the stops got pushed back; Bx bound buses don't pick up over there by that gas station at amsterdam anymore.....

So... I.... Got impatient waiting for the M5 & took the (A) to 116th... Hiked up morningside park (the M116 was right there as I came off the A, but I decided not to take it - which would come back to bite me in the behind later) & walked over to the M60 terminal (106th).... Took the M60 to central terminal (and that shit was PACKED leaving manhattan).... Q72 was RIGHT behind it at LGA, so I took that full.... the Q60 was RIGHT there as I came off the Q72, so I took that to Queens center mall (was still a little sore from hiking up morningside park), then headed over to the Q52 on hoffman & took that to B 92nd, then walked over to B 116th to catch the Q35 (the Q22 had JUST passed by us as we hit B 92nd, but from the time I got on the 52, I decided I wasn't gonna take the 22 to get to the 35 anyway).... Got off the Q35 & crossed over for a LTD B46 (just missed the local) to church & walked home.....

Would've taken the (F) to 42nd, but the train stalled at 34th for a good 5 minutes, then I heard the c/r summon for the police on the loudspeaker, so I just got the hell off the train & walked.... Didn't know what was goin on..... Strange part was that the train closed the doors & pulled off a couple seconds later (and I didn't see any policeman present as I was walking to the south end/exit of the platform either).....

What else is new.... But don't even dare think about suggesting that their student passes be taken away... After all they're all students, so they're entitled to free rides...  <_<

Oh no, why would I do that?  :lol:

Also the very infamous B41 LTD typo along the Bx41 route.

Plus, the random X2/X4 sign up by Madison & 27th.

In any case, this was the first time I rode the M20. I should've taken the M5, though, since it was right there (the M5 is the quicker route to where I was headed, but I wanted to fan the M20), because I would've caught the 3:00 ferry coming back instead of the 3:30 ferry, which ended up leaving at 3:40, and we got to St. George 10 minutes late, and all the buses had left. Fortunately, there was an S46 that hadn't left yet, but the B/O crawled, and we ended up getting to the other end about 15 minutes late, which admittedly wasn't bad considering he left 10 minutes late.

I don't know how I caught 184 on the Q112 last Saturday. I thought these buses were sent out only during rush hours. It had a strong rattle and it was very hot on that bus. I also noticed that ridership is increasing on a lot of routes like the Q112. I'm getting on buses that have more people on them then a few months ago.

Well according to madd people on this forum...everyone says "Artics can make the same turns as 40ft buses"

And i believe them because they drive the buses...

the artics have a 35ft front tractor...as for 40ft buses its 40ft turning...and if an MCI can turn on this street that yall are talking about..which is 45ft...then well just act like an artic is 2 35ft buses turning...

I see what your saying but the turn is wider therefore if a b64 does the turn at Shore Road and 71 St the front wheels go over the yellow line at the widest point in the turn yet when I recreate this with my CTA DE60lf paperbus,it hits the row of parked cars on the drivers side...

But this turn in the videos could be done with an artic based on the fact that M101 AND M102 buses do a simular turn but turning right instead of left in front of Cooper Union,every trip of every day

Edited by Around the Horn

So today I was on the B103. The driver had his A/C off and when he came to Rockaway Parkway and Ave M (I think) a dude opened up the rear emergency hatch. The driver asked "who just opened up that hatch". The dude said "I did 'cause you didn't turn on the A/C". The driver asked him to close the hatch but the passenger refused and said "You close it". After a few seconds the driver said "I close it?". The driver reported the passenger and the bus was held for maybe 10 minutes. Meanwhile the passenger is starring down the driver. The driver opens up the partition (its bus 519) and makes everyone get off the bus. An Orion V CNG came (9846) and the driver made everyone get back on the bus, and we drove off.

Edited by Jdog14

Then there's a B82 LTD sign all the way in Sea Gate...

Well its on 37st...and thats in Coney Island. 

You can see it here...

https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ll=40.574848,-74.002833&spn=0.009926,0.013797&t=h&z=16&layer=c&cbll=40.574915,-74.002853&panoid=UqDlpQCe3fV5Q75ArJfz5A&cbp=12,43.39,,0,-7.98

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888