BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Proof that those LFSAs can take some narrow turns, the M14 ran a pretty interesting reroute earlier today: down 5th to 8th, left on 8th, and then some buses took a left on University back to 14th, while others went to 4th. 

If it was a CNG, I see them time to time on Flatlands. One time I saw one at FB and Flatlands going westward to turn north towards the Junction. I dunno why they would do that when they could've gone along av H, but still interesting.

Actually the weird part was... it was a Diesel.

Wow...quieter than the Novas?

Them Novas are loud as hell! You don't hear nothing out of these new 4700s just yet. I say give it at least 3-4 weeks.

Proof that those LFSAs can take some narrow turns, the M14 ran a pretty interesting reroute earlier today: down 5th to 8th, left on 8th, and then some buses took a left on University back to 14th, while others went to 4th. 

That does sound rather interesting, both M14s rerouted that way? I wonder what was the cause of said reroute?

That does sound rather interesting, both M14s rerouted that way? I wonder what was the cause of said reroute?

Yep, both A and D eastbound. Wasn't sure what the cause was either, but it was a pretty odd sight, haven't seen that in years.

Guest MTA Bus

I just realized that since the (A) will resume normal service in a couple weeks, the remaining old CNG buses and the 96 Orion Vs will be retired soon, so get your pictures and videos while you still can.

Went looking for CNGs on the Q60, ended up getting 8857, never thought I'd see the JFK RTS actually in service. When I got over to the mall I ended up seeing one going the other way.

By the time I left the mall I had no time to stick around and look for more and ended up taking the (R) back. Gonna be real busy though now with the final days of the (H), but I hope I can catch one since I've only gotten the O5 CNGs with JFK and not the C40s. Anyone know what the plan is with the C40s at JFK? Will SC keep loaning them until JFK gets artics running full time on the Q6/10 or will they just stop loaning after the (A) is restored? Also do they still run C40s on weekends?

I got out eating subway for lunch and saw Orion VII NG both 4158 and 4646 leaving 2 Av Q60 bus. 5 mins later saw 2 RTS coming down to Manhattan. I thought it was both Q101 and then its a Q60 behind it. Im surprised seeing one on a JFK route :rolleyes: compared to LGA