BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, last seat or second to last seat on the MCI would suffice.

Oh the MCI's aren't a problem, its the trippers that use the LFS's that are the problem. (If wanted, theres an interior shot of the LFS in my CDTA thread)

...just wondering... why don't any Orions run on the M66 or M72?

Basically the height of the underpasses along 66th Street & 72nd Street are at under 10 feet, which is technically too low for the Orion Vii's, at around 10'6".

*Contrary to the statement, Not in Service Orion Vii's have used both 66th Street and 72nd Street on different occasions, as seen in the video below, courtesy of Cait Sith.

Some more info in the thread linked below.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/34079-why-is-the-rts-the-only-type-of-bus-that-is-used-on-the-m66-and-m72/

Not to double post, but just a random minute thing...why do buses get delivered with a different font of number than the MTA stocks? They come in Helvetica or something, I read that once, but then repaints get a different style. Never got that.

Since the repowering of a hybrid bus to diesel is in the works and 3563 is working fine, have they thought of doing the same thing to CNG buses?

The Orion V and C40 no cuz they are well past their useful lives (although it is possible)

The Orion VII, they started to repower them to a Cummins engine but only did 2 and stopped for some reason...

Not to double post, but just a random minute thing...why do buses get delivered with a different font of number than the MTA stocks? They come in Helvetica or something, I read that once, but then repaints get a different style. Never got that.

Something I never understood either.  I've asked a similar question and the answer didn't make sense IMO.  They do it in house yet they can't match the font that is used when the buses are delivered...  :huh: It really makes a difference in terms of the overall professional look of the bus.  Sometimes the paint jobs look great but the lettering jobs look like it was done by an 10 year old.  <_<

I wonder why the 103 does the 2 terminals Brklyn College or Downtown Brooklyn on weekends even though on weekdays is when the 103 Limited is crowded most of the time?

Edited by Calvin

I wonder why the 103 does the 2 terminals Brklyn College or Downtown Brooklyn on weekends even though in weekdays is when the 103 Limited is crowded most of the time?

A lot of usage comes between Canarsie and Flatbush, or so it seemed when I rode it last Friday. It makes a connection right at Flatbush with the (2) and (5) ,so perhaps people don't find a need to go all the way out to Downtown Brooklyn.

Edited by GojiMet86

A lot of usage comes between Canarsie and Flatbush, or so it seemed when I rode it last Friday. It makes a connection right at Flatbush with the (2) and (5) ,so perhaps people don't find a need to go all the way out to Downtown Brooklyn.

Some B103 buses end at Ditmars Park Cortleyou Road

Need a lil help from the fam.... Quick question....

What exactly is the first pick up (meaning, first Bronx bound passenger) stop for the Bx11,13, 35, & 36?

- Is the first pick up stop, the same as the last dropoff stop along 179th b/w ft washington & broadway...

- Or is the first pick up stop over there across the street from the fort washington av entrance to the GWB terminal (ft washington b/w 178th & 179th)....

Edited by B35 via Church