BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Save for summer service to riis beach (esp. weekends), I don't get throwing artics on the Q35 at all....

I don't either, totally threw me off for a moment there. Still pretty nice to have that kind of variety. This has been the most diverse year for the Q35 from CNGs and diesels to now artics.

How the hell do they make that loop turn at Beach 169 (The stop before the bridge) with the D60s? I don't think you can go down that street...

Dunno, gonna try to get a ride on one some day. Well anyone that wants to fan the line take a vid for me, thanks. You have been informed about an artic running on the q35.

wth is this   someone just did a major vandalism on wikipedia some of this will make some of you laugh according to this clown  :lol:  :huh:  :rolleyes:

the q44 is moved to west farms

Eastchester and Yonkers doesn't exist all the express routes were moved to college point and the q50 and  :bus_bullet_bx23:  were moved to LGA

the B6 was moved to ENY and swapped with the B82 to UP

The q56 moved to Jamaica 

the b38 was fully moved back to fresh pond 

The q58 was moved to Stengel

the B4 was moved back to Ulmer Park

spring creek doesn't exist no more with all their routes to college point(express) and JFK (b100 and b103)

the Q32 moved back to michael quill

College point is an express only depot with their local routes moved between  JFK and LGA

queens village doesn't exist with local routes going to Stengel and Jamaica

baisley park doesn't exist with routes going to JFK and CP

the S89 is elimnated and staten island only has 2 depots with locals at caselton and express at yukon 

and the X63 X64 and x68 are based in yukon?!?!  

the list goes on and on, dang idiots!

go look before i restore back to normal which i am working on as we speak.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bus_depots_of_MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations

Edited by BreeddekalbL

>Goes to CMF 
>Gets BRAND NEW Series 50 & Turbo
>One of the operators had too much fun and done f**ked the turbo up
>Me got bored and went troubleshooting
>turbo was defective

>No turbo pressure whatsoever (via Prolink)

null_zpsf6816fff.jpg

null_zpsd54a7654.jpg

So I went to Staten Island today to visit my nieces and I saw this sign while I was getting of the bus...

977003_10200770776146092_374113951_o.jpg

This was on the S53

School tripper?

EDIT: Waitaminute, that's the S53, that doesn't have school trippers, does it?

Edited by Culver

School tripper?

EDIT: Waitaminute, that's the S53, that doesn't have school trippers, does it?

I know it has trippers from Petrides heading northbound (that was a northbound bus at Broadway & Castleton. Know that area like the back of my hand), so it's possible it was a tripper. But I've never seen that on any tripper I've been on.

Unless that was carrying elementary school kids or something.

>Goes to CMF

>Gets BRAND NEW Series 50 & Turbo

>One of the operators had too much fun and done f**ked the turbo up

>Me got bored and went troubleshooting

>turbo was defective

>No turbo pressure whatsoever (via Prolink)

null_zpsf6816fff.jpg

null_zpsd54a7654.jpg

you do do know that the bus has to be moving if you wanna see boost pressure readings on the pro link right? And I don't see any clamps on that turbo hose either. Unless they reused the old ones(not suppose to happen) and they are just dirty. Also, make sure the clamps on the turbo itself are tight. IIRC, the turbo for the RTS is the one that has to be clocked before you install it. Some people put it on with the clamps loose to make it easier and then forget to tighten the clapms fully.

you do do know that the bus has to be moving if you wanna see boost pressure readings on the pro link right? And I don't see any clamps on that turbo hose either. Unless they reused the old ones(not suppose to happen) and they are just dirty. Also, make sure the clamps on the turbo itself are tight. IIRC, the turbo for the RTS is the one that has to be clocked before you install it. Some people put it on with the clamps loose to make it easier and then forget to tighten the clapms fully.

We went on a road trip and brought the bus back it was only doing like 20-25 MPH max no pwer, had the prolink  hooked up, it read like 0 then 0.6, then 0 again.

took the hose off to check the turbo (theres an old clamp there and it was tight)

Checked the air filter first but its brand new..

Edited by dmouse