BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

It was at Ulmer Park the whole time...out of all places...Ulmer Park?

I know right?? Another reason to scrap that crappola...

Yeah like no one notices a huge ass blue 40 foot bus with the word METROCARD on it

...besides, the bus is getting worked on right now, might still be at Ulmer Park

It's an eyesore...

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its just being fixed...

I know right?? Another reason to scrap that crappola...

It's an eyesore...

Please explain how its an eyesore. Its a bus just like the other 5,000+ buses we have. The way I see it, people can see it a whole lot better than a small mostly white van.

Its just being fixed...

Please explain how its an eyesore. Its a bus just like the other 5,000+ buses we have. The way I see it, people can see it a whole lot better than a small mostly white van.

It's an eyesore because it's an RTS, you know...

The next new bus order should include a new MetroCard bus! After all it definitely matters what a bus you buy friggin METROCARDS from looks like!

It's an eyesore because it's an RTS, you know...

The next new bus order should include a new MetroCard bus! After all it definitely matters what a bus you buy friggin METROCARDS from looks like!

It's an eyesore because it's old and I would imagine inconvenient.  A low floor more modern bus would be much better and would attract more people.  I'd be interested in knowing how many people use the RTS vs the newer van.  

Yeah like no one notices a huge ass blue 40 foot bus with the word METROCARD on it

...besides, the bus is getting worked on right now, might still be at Ulmer Park

I always do a double take when I see that bus.  Actually white stands out better for the Metrocard signs. That truck is a much better set up than that outdated bus.

You guys are hilarious, arguing over a 23 year old bus.

Quite honestly way the way shit is at Ulmer Park I'm surprised that bus hasn't dropped dead by now.

Ikr....Ulmer Park was always a mess...then when they got the new buses things started to improve...once they lost over half the new buses....things went back downhill....i think that depot been having the most breakdowns Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

Ikr....Ulmer Park was always a mess...then when they got the new buses things started to improve...once they lost over half the new buses....things went back downhill....i think that depot been having the most breakdowns

No surprise that they have some of the worst buses in the fleet of :nyct: . If anything they're lucky to even have those XD40's.

Damn Ulcer Park.

Edited by Turbo19

It's an eyesore because it's old and I would imagine inconvenient. A low floor more modern bus would be much better and would attract more people. I'd be interested in knowing how many people use the RTS vs the newer van.

I always do a double take when I see that bus. Actually white stands out better for the Metrocard signs. That truck is a much better set up than that outdated bus.

You're making it seem like they using a fishbowl or something...

Quite honestly way the way shit is at Ulmer Park I'm surprised that bus hasn't dropped dead by now.

Ikr....Ulmer Park was always a mess...then when they got the new buses things started to improve...once they lost over half the new buses....things went back downhill....i think that depot been having the most breakdowns

For the last time, it went there just for regular maintenance. The bus itself is based out of Gleason along with the HAI buses... Edited by Fresh Pond

At this point I don't even give a f**k.

Can't even hold a simple discussion around here anymore.

Lol!!

They weren't always a mess. Ever since they got these 9600's from Flatbush ... Maintenance went downhill. Well even then, before maintenance was on the job but ever since they got these buses from Flatbush everything went down hill. The last 2 years they were on their game! Fixing whatever needed to be fixed right there. Your right about the last part... This garage has been named #1 in road calls. Anywhere from 8-14 road calls 5 days a week (including weekends at times) Sorry to say it, but IMO ENY has less issues. Their equipment is beat to shit but they have less break downs In my honest opinion.

Lmaoooo, im surprised too.. They'll cut her loose eventually. POS.

Its just being fixed...

Lmao, have to squint your eyes to see that tiny ass van coming down the block. Unlike the bus.. the bus is blue and people notice that one better than the van.

Don't flip... It was sent to another depot to be fixed other than gleason because maybe the other depot has parts that gleason doesn't have. Gleason did have RTSs but Ulmer Park had the parts instead. It was here for Quite sometime but they sent it back a couple days ago.

It's an eyesore because it's old and I would imagine inconvenient.  A low floor more modern bus would be much better and would attract more people.  I'd be interested in knowing how many people use the RTS vs the newer van.  

I always do a double take when I see that bus.  Actually white stands out better for the Metrocard signs. That truck is a much better set up than that outdated bus.

You'd be surprised; the MetroCard bus is very popular on Fordham. I can't quite figure out why either, but there's always a line with at least 15-20 people. Most of the people on line whenever I go by seem to be applying for the 1/2 fare Metrocard, for which the van is useless for since it's just a glorified token booth on wheels.

You'd be surprised; the MetroCard bus is very popular on Fordham. I can't quite figure out why either, but there's always a line with at least 15-20 people. Most of the people on line whenever I go by seem to be applying for the 1/2 fare Metrocard, for which the van is useless for since it's just a glorified token booth on wheels.

Wait a minute... Both vehicles don't offer the same options??  :huh:

That's retarded.

Am I reading this correctly because I wouldn't expect this response from you. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're still a bit hungover from last night, lol.

Anyhow, I agree it's ridiculous but I assume that the bus can hold a greater amount of staff in comparison to the van, and as such the amount of services offered on the bus visits is greater. And while I'm not familiar with the bus itself, perhaps there is even space for transactions to be taken place inside the bus itself.

At the end though, I'm still surprised that bus is still running.

Am I reading this correctly because I wouldn't expect this response from you. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're still a bit hungover from last night, lol.

Anyhow, I agree it's ridiculous but I assume that the bus can hold a greater amount of staff in comparison to the van, and as such the amount of services offered on the bus visits is greater. And while I'm not familiar with the bus itself, perhaps there is even space for transactions to be taken place inside the bus itself.

At the end though, I'm still surprised that bus is still running.

Well think about it, the bus is older than the truck yet the bus has more options than the truck.... Technology should save the issue of space if anything. 

Well think about it, the bus is older than the truck yet the bus has more options than the truck.... Technology should save the issue of space if anything.

Well to me at first glance the truck looks very basic. I'd be surprised if they even had much in the way of technology. Seems to me as they have as much tech as one of those street vendor trucks which most of the time is very basic. Edited by Turbo19

The van is pretty much a rolling token booth. You can't go in, you do basic transactions there (which is why it sat parked at Howard Beach).

The bus you can do a whole lot more, even go inside and apply for a reduced fare card and all that jazz. It holds more people and can serve a whole lot more people at one.

And to think the original Metrocard buses were from 1980's and were replaced not too long ago (at least I think this pic was at Eastchester, but with the newer looking MCI's in the background, I'm not too sure):

NYCB_GMC_2504c.jpg

Yeah that's the original one (I think that was a RTS-04). It was retired for the blue one which is a younger '91 model and still has plenty of parts around since it pretty much uses the same parts from the '96 Novas still running.

Why buy a whole new bus when you have one with a near endless supply of spare parts lying around...

The van is pretty much a rolling token booth. You can't go in, you do basic transactions there (which is why it sat parked at Howard Beach).

The bus you can do a whole lot more, even go inside and apply for a reduced fare card and all that jazz. It holds more people and can serve a whole lot more people at one.

Yeah that's the original one (I think that was a RTS-04). It was retired for the blue one which is a younger '91 model and still has plenty of parts around since it pretty much uses the same parts from the '96 Novas still running.

Why buy a whole new bus when you have one with a near endless supply of spare parts lying around...

Exactly, they can actually build a bus if they wanted to. Or take one of the retired 96-99's and put it as the metro card bus. Maybe they'll actually do it, then again it's the MTA. They'll think of the van over the bus, with the bus there's more room and the bus is bigger.

Saw a QM1 Friday at 12:00 PM with 3 riders. That has to be the record for midday QM1 buses so far....

Usually see 7-9 people on the qm1/5/6 combinations during the middle of the day.

your gonna give ******** ideas based on your observations... too bad you haven't  seen his ideas of convert this line to sbs convert that line to ltd stop service etc

Edited by BreeddekalbL