Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

The MNRR shuttles do go on the Thruway a little from Woodlawn to Yonkers Ave, so if you want to ride an XD60 or whatever on the highway now's your chance.

Also VG8 should be happy to know that I opted to take one of "his very own" Yonkers MCIs instead of an Xcelsior or anything else.

I saw a D60HF artic, an Eastchester MCI, an Xcelsior of some kind, and an SBS LFSA from 126th.

They seemed to be meeting up with every 1 or 2 (4) trains going up, but I didnt see anything going down. I guess the buses are only meeting up with the trains in Yonkers and sending them down all at once.

I saw a D60HF artic, an Eastchester MCI, an Xcelsior of some kind, and an SBS LFSA from 126th.

They seemed to be meeting up with every 1 or 2 (4) trains going up, but I didnt see anything going down. I guess the buses are only meeting up with the trains in Yonkers and sending them down all at once.

There doesn't seem to be a set schedule at all, the dispatchers just send them off. I had that MCI all to myself.

All the buses I saw out there were artics (all the different kinds including SBS 1200s and XD60s) from 126, Quill and the Bronx depots, 1-2 hybrids from Manhattanville, and MCIs from Yonkers and Eastchester. Oh, and 5217 from Quill.

The MNRR shuttles do go on the Thruway a little from Woodlawn to Yonkers Ave, so if you want to ride an XD60 or whatever on the highway now's your chance.

Also VG8 should be happy to know that I opted to take one of "his very own" Yonkers MCIs instead of an Xcelsior or anything else.

And just imagine if you sat in one of my seats... Some of those buses I ride daily.  I feel like the seat is taking on my butt imprint.  :lol: 3375, 3099, 3352, 3385... Those four alone I've rode a TON...

And just imagine if you sat in one of my seats... Some of those buses I ride daily. I feel like the seat is taking on my butt imprint. :lol: 3375, 3099, 3352, 3385... Those four alone I've rode a TON...

Just like me with 4869, 4871, 4887, 4888,

I rode those four so many times...

on a estimation

4869-20 times

4871-27 times

4887-63 times

4888-83 times

Just like me with 4869, 4871, 4887, 4888,

I rode those four so many times...

on a estimation

4869-20 times

4871-27 times

4887-63 times

4888-83 times

LMAO! I don't remember it like that but I know I rode 3375 for WEEKS until the latest pick. lol  Same thing with 3352 and 3385.  I actually started with 3385 first.  I was like UGH... 3385 again!?? It had a broken seat so that became esp. annoying since after a while.  I think they pulled it eventually to get that fixed though.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

And just imagine if you sat in one of my seats... Some of those buses I ride daily. I feel like the seat is taking on my butt imprint. :lol: 3375, 3099, 3352, 3385... Those four alone I've rode a TON...

Shit I was on 3352 lol.

That was my morning bus for a while.... :lol:

Well can't say it's a bad bus... got that CAT DIESEL POWAH and the op hauled it... beat both buses that left in front of us (a D60 and a hybrid from MHV) both by about 5 minutes. Just needs a Jake Brake and a Clever Device and we're in business.

Well can't say it's a bad bus... got that CAT DIESEL POWAH and the op hauled it... beat both buses that left in front of us (a D60 and a hybrid from MHV) both by about 5 minutes. Just needs a Jake Brake and a Clever Device and we're in business.

<_<

<_<

What can I say, I like my MCIs Jersey Style :P

Gotta admit though, I like those 4300s/3000s a bit more than our nearly identical (except the Jakes and CDs) 9000s, they f**king haul ass much better than the 9000s. I believe the MTA MCIs aren't governed like ours, I know our MTA reject CTs don't have governors.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

You know what's funny...the Xcelsiors pull cords be dumb long... most of the buses in NYC with pull cords are just a string going across.....a straight line... or maybe some buses might have it hanging about a inch in between each window.. but got damn... these Xcelsiors be having like 4-5 inches of hang time... check out the pull cords on 4889.

Longest are the ones on the O5 CNGs, no doubt.

That's ok because you have to reach up and pull it... with these Xcelsiors it's right by you so you have no room for your arm to pull it...I sometimes have to pull it towards me

What can I say, I like my MCIs Jersey Style :P

Gotta admit though, I like those 4300s/3000s a bit more than our nearly identical (except the Jakes and CDs) 9000s, they f**king haul ass much better than the 9000s. I believe the MTA MCIs aren't governed like ours, I know our MTA reject CTs don't have governors.

Buses do not have physical governors anymore. They are electronically limited to certain parameters. The speed definitely has a cap it. With MTA MCI's, they are set at 65mph. I would assume that with NJT, it's the same. You just won't see those kinds of speeds around here (tri-state area). With the commuter buses that travel long distances outside of the tri-state, you might see them getting close the overall cap, which is about 93mph.

Ok I have three post today...

1) I get on the s78 and pay my $2.50... but sadly I have $1.25 left on my metro card so I say to myself I'll fill it up later...

then I get on the s53 and the driver has the sign up as next bus please...I get on and the card doesn't work...I tell him it's suppose to be a transfer.. but he completely ignores me and looks at me like I'm a fare beater..smfh... then he presses a button... Oh well....

then since I know for a fact if the s53 is your transfer bus... you can get a third transfer... so for example I take the s78 then the s53 then the b70 all for $2.50.

so I say to myself that the transfer didn't work because the sign said next bus please... so I get on the b70 expecting it to work. when I get on it doesn't work and I look like a fare beater AGAIN... and the driver presses a button...I mean wtff is going on today?

2) I rode 243 on the B70 today and it doesn't have LBSS! the bus sounded so powerful and it was great..I thought the 200s had it activated... anyways imma start looking for them.

3) C40LF 472 also has the Spanish roof ad

None of the 200's have it.. Well it's actually not LBSS it's just the gear ratio turned down. The Xcelsiors and Prevosts actually have LBSS. They will turn the gear ratio down on the 200's one day.. 230 doesn't even have its ratio turned down.

None of the 200's have it.. Well it's actually not LBSS it's just the gear ratio turned down. The Xcelsiors and Prevosts actually have LBSS. They will turn the gear ratio down on the 200's one day.. 230 doesn't even have its ratio turned down.

It actually does but its not as bad as the others

Edited by Fresh Pond

It actually does but its not as bad as the others

Ohh, I haven't seen it in a long time. Or maybe it's just that broken in lmao..

Well 8000 had its LBSS removed... so hopefully it goes down the line with the lfs and soon the Xcelsiors

I said this months ago when it came back from Zerega lol

for now 8000 & 8014 are open no LBSS.