BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

4263 on the S79 was interesting. It was tremendously fast for a hybrid and absolutely hauled ass up the Verrazano, so I assumed it was really well taken care of. It might actually be in shitty condition under the hood, however. It kept making that all familiar pop-off valve sound (I know there's other air release sounds, I'm talking about this specific sound we all know and love), and I've literally never heard an NYC hybrid bus make that sound. Odd. Any ideas?

I've heard what you're talking about.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

f**k that unofficial shyt... I'd take a Prevost any day

I don't mind them so much. Hell, since I don't have an unlimited Metro, it kinda pays to use them if I'm not transferring to the subway. Yeah they're ghetto and they're not NGs, but I say let them do what they do and let the people who want to use them do just that.

In all seriousness, I think this van might have actually been doing the M5, maybe the dollar van owners saw the opportunity in the route with the (R) out. Unless you actually saw it go in the tunnel to SI.

Edited by Orion VII 4 Life

Why does the MTA allow a bus to be in service if the stop request doesn't work and if the bus has leakage problems? I was on a 9600 bus from JA on the Q17 and everyone had to keep getting up and telling the bus driver where they want to get off at. I've been on other buses with that same problem. As far as the leakage problems the bus should be taken out of service because water leaks on a lot of the seats and if you are sitting down water drops constantly hit you. I've notice this on a lot of the RTS's and Orion V/ Orion V CNG's.

f**k that unofficial shyt... I'd take a Prevost any day

I don't mind them so much. Hell, since I don't have an unlimited Metro, it kinda pays to use them if I'm not transferring to the subway. Yeah they're ghetto and they're not NGs, but I say let them do what they do and let the people who want to use them do just that.

In all seriousness, I think this van might have actually been doing the M5, maybe the dollar van owners saw the opportunity in the route with the (R) out. Unless you actually saw it go in the tunnel to SI.

He was saying "x1 to Staten Island"

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

I'm sure people were looking at him like we was nuts...  :lol: I would NEVER use a friggin' van like that when there's the express bus.  

Oh....you should've seen the faces! LOL!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

Why does the MTA allow a bus to be in service if the stop request doesn't work and if the bus has leakage problems? I was on a 9600 bus from JA on the Q17 and everyone had to keep getting up and telling the bus driver where they want to get off at. I've been on other buses with that same problem. As far as the leakage problems the bus should be taken out of service because water leaks on a lot of the seats and if you are sitting down water drops constantly hit you. I've notice this on a lot of the RTS's and Orion V/ Orion V CNG's.

I agree... Yukon Orion Vs stop request signs never work...so you have to yell getting off.

About leaking problems I agree because castleton Orion VIIs always stay leaking

I'm sure people were looking at him like we was nuts... :lol: I would NEVER use a friggin' van like that when there's the express bus.

that is so suspicious... how do you know if it's official driver driving... how do you know if it's not... the t word related...

I'm sorry but people who got in that are crazy..

He was saying "x1 to Staten Island" Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

The X1 runs pretty frequently, so I'm kind of lost as to what their marketing strategy is there.

"Hey, pay us money to ride in this van instead of taking the big, comfy bus where you get a seat anyways."

$1 < $6. 

It's an interesting point. The comparison between the van and express bus isn't what it is with van and packed local bus, with the express bus pretty much guaranteeing a comfy seat. I dunno, I guess they have people willing to do it, it is $5 savings.

Edited by Culver

I'm sure people were looking at him like we was nuts...  :lol: I would NEVER use a friggin' van like that when there's the express bus.  

Oh....you should've seen the faces! LOL! Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S Relay 4G via Tapatalk 4

These dollar van guys seriously expect SI commuters to hop in the back of their van?

I personally might if it was cheap enough and I felt like taking a nice cheap trip to SI, but I know the folks actually from SI would never. I can only imagine what would happen if one pulled up on the 139!

$1 < $6. 

Not necessarily. The Q35 vans actually charge more than the bus ($3), but they go nonstop from the Junction to Riis Beach.

101 is sitting at LGA, with the following on the dashboard: "R/C, Chk Eng, L+, (What's that supposed to mean?), Defect Line". 117 is still there. The only two Bees I saw there. 5218 was at LGA today.

Also, I saw some guys putting up that green thing that people put on fences so that no one can see inside, so if you wanna get shots over by 24th Avenue, you better do it quick.

Plus, Blue Bird #3004 from Academy was doing service on the NYU Langone Medical Center Shuttle.

9426755368_a312a9d2ef_b.jpg
IMG_8920 by GojiMet86, on Flickr

9423967793_1c2e1ca457_b.jpg
IMG_9031 by GojiMet86, on Flickr
Edited by GojiMet86

Hegeman/New Los Av is closed between Mother Gaston & Rockaway so the B35 is on a detour at the terminal in Brownsville; the temporary terminal is on Mother Gaston near Lott Av. The route is...

From Hegeman Av» right Rockaway»left Linden Blvd» left Mother Gaston (terminal near Lott Av)» left Lott Av (my block)» left Rockaway» right Hegeman then regular

Dunno what the hell they got the 15 doing lol

Blurry pic from my window...

1077232_10201138594821329_227062914_o.jp

Edited by Fresh Pond