BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Another suicide? Oh boy.....I've been hearing about too many of them. Seriously can't they find better ways of getting rid of depression issues without killing/harming themselves because it's not that hard. But people have been killing themselves over ridiculous things lately like if someone breaks up with their boy/girlfriend, then the next day, they're gonna have a bullet in their head. What's next, people killing themselves because they broke their phone? <_<

Well usually when people commit suicide by transit, they use the trains such as that guy who killed himself on the (N) train at Astoria since trains travel faster and they are much heavier.

Maybe they don't have access to resources to improve their mental health...

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why do bus drivers still have the A/C on in the rain? The bus was freezing and in the mornings it is cold as well they should not have it on until the temperature warms up.

Its the climate control...technically they have to leave it on and the bus itself controls the A/C

Another suicide? Oh boy.....I've been hearing about too many of them. Seriously can't they find better ways of getting rid of depression issues without killing/harming themselves because it's not that hard. But people have been killing themselves over ridiculous things lately like if someone breaks up with their boy/girlfriend, then the next day, they're gonna have a bullet in their head. What's next, people killing themselves because they broke their phone? <_<

Well usually when people commit suicide by transit, they use the trains such as that guy who killed himself on the (N) train at Astoria since trains travel faster and they are much heavier.

Believe it or not, the phone story I'd believe, but I digress.

Anyway it generally takes a great amount of contemplation from an individual to commit suicide, so likely the individual knew the full extent of his actions. His chose to end his life, and after a while life goes on.

You really think its not that hard kid, wait until life really his you...

Come on, cut him a break. He'll know soon enough.

Why do bus drivers still have the A/C on in the rain? The bus was freezing and in the mornings it is cold as well they should not have it on until the temperature warms up.

Also, adding to FP, I believe in newer buses the HVAC is automatically set.

On the newer buses they should start having the windows open, on certain days... like today

one day I was on an.XD40 and all the eindows were open and the HVAC was off! felt like I was on that tropical island inthe little open trucks that tour you around

It's easier to just put the HVAC on to keep the bus circulated.  I hate local buses with no A/C because they smell like @ss, especially the ones with on Staten Island.  The local buses in the city usually have the A/C pumping.  I was on an M50 on Sunday and the A/C was fantastic!

You really think its not that hard kid, wait until life really his you...

Suicide still is never the answer. It's a PERMANENT solution to a TEMPORARY problem. Your life is worth too much to take away like that. You never know what you might accomplish. If there's something horrible you've been through, it would be best to get help or suck it up.

WTF.... didn't know about this...

Lol that's why you need to join philadelphiatransitforums

My brother was so unlucky he was in Philly to see our grandparents but he didn't go to 1234 so I saw it first on YouTube

comparing to our LFSAs...

this is a hybrid

doesn't have three doors

doesn't have rear window

It's called air circulation. Bring a coat and stop complaining. <_<

Pretty much this. I wouldn't want to be in a bus with musky air. Also, running it keeps the windshield from fogging up.

Weird how SEPTA spec'd 2 doors instead of 3 like most if not all the other LFSA and artic orders in general nowadays.

The TTC got their Novas spec'd with two doors as well. It's not a bad tradeoff as losing a door gives you more standing/seat space.

WTF.... didn't know about this...

comparing to our LFSAs...

this is a hybrid

doesn't have three doors

doesn't have rear window

Also has the new rear cap design.

Edited by SevenEleven