BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

What's the TA's policy on bus operators using their radios to listen to music?The BO of 336 had some 70's soul and the Arabic women on the bus were throwing fits(it's against their religion to mention sex or love in a public place)

Technically that counts as a personal device and personal devices while driving are illegal

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's a flaw in that post, hybrids don't lose power or struggle going uphill. They eat hills for breakfast. I've been on the Riverdale routes with the NGs on numerous occasions and not one has slugged uphill. And when it comes to disabled passengers, there are plenty on the Bx7, 10 and 20. And those next gens are definitely not slow, especially the ones out of Kingsbridge. Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

Well, its a different story for me with the KB Hybrids.

What's the TA's policy on bus operators using their radios to listen to music?The BO of 336 had some 70's soul and the Arabic women on the bus were throwing fits(it's against their religion to mention sex or love in a public place)

Damn. This reminds me of the driver I had on the Bx3 Sunday night after the Dominican parade. He had bachata playing the whole time and nobody complained. Well, I was worried because the bus was PACKED for a overnight Bx3 bus.

I rode 4892 on the B74 just now... the seats are very comfy. and they make the bus look much more brighter. I would recommend those seats for the next order... and they make your upper back feel great!

If those are the new seats, is there any difference in legroom?

Well I sat in my usual last left corner seat and the legroom was nice. I'm 6'2" and I had about 3-4 inches to slouch.

they also sit up higher so your upper back can lay more on the seat... kinda like a mini express bus

If those are the new seats, is there any difference in legroom?

Well I sat in my usual last left corner seat and the legroom was nice. I'm 6'2" and I had about 3-4 inches to slouch.

they also sit up higher so your upper back can lay more on the seat... kinda like a mini express bus

here's the photo for a refresh.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/26457-bus-random-thoughts-thread/?p=685122

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/26457-bus-random-thoughts-thread/?p=685122

Interesting. The upper back support sounds nice. I have the chance to use the B6 now on some days, so I'll keep a lookout for that bus. Would you say these seats are better than the ones the other XD40s and the C40s have?

Palm Tran in Florida also has those seats on their newest Gilligs that I ride when I'm down there. Pretty damn good seats, definitely would like seeing them around here.

how do you know that? you can't just assume... why do you think 4892 has new seats... their testing them out... same thing with 4899...

I guess it's obvious that the (MTA) wants to do more business with New Flyer, they are trying to see what works best. With those LFS idk IMO they run good but I just don't like them and I don't think QV does either. If they cared so much all buses would of had their signs updated, they would clean the buses up and they would change the Brooklyn and Staten Island bus maps that the buses still have. I noticed when the UP and CAS units arrived already dirty and scratched up while QV are still somewhat clean but I can tell they don't want the LFS's like CS doesn't want Orion V's anymore.

When NFI eventually wins the larger chunk of this next order, I just hope they don't rush on their buses. The current XD40s are rattly, unreliable shit. Also, too many of them (Ulmer Park ones, anyways) have more jerk in the transmission than a west indies food spot.

Edited by Culver

how do you know that? you can't just assume... why do you think 4892 has new seats... their testing them out... same thing with 4899...

I guess it's obvious that the (MTA) wants to do more business with New Flyer, they are trying to see what works best. With those LFS idk IMO they run good but I just don't like them and I don't think QV does either. If they cared so much all buses would of had their signs updated, they would clean the buses up and they would change the Brooklyn and Staten Island bus maps that the buses still have. I noticed when the UP and CAS units arrived already dirty and scratched up while QV are still somewhat clean but I can tell they don't want the LFS's like CS doesn't want Orion V's anymore.

It's not the folks at QV that did the new sign updates, the folks from Nova did.

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk 4

When NFI eventually wins the larger chunk of this next order, I just hope they don't rush on their buses. The current XD40s are rattly, unreliable shit. Also, too many of them (Ulmer Park ones, anyways) have more jerk in the transmission than a west indies food spot.

ROTFLMAO!!Just made my day!

In this city, I would be surprised if nothing at all was rattly  :lol: