BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

This should only be a demo, so it will most likely only get a couple of MTA decals. It will probably shadow a couple routes around Manhatten for a week or so, and then be on it's way to the next TA.

Think the M42 would be one of those routes? The other bus shadowed it.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Either my eyes are deceiving me, or is that 35ft? Not that bad looking either.

no its a 40 footer. I thought it was 35ft as well when I saw it from far away. It looks like that because the rear overhang is about as long as the overhang on an MCI would be if it didn't have the tag axle.

***random question***

I've noticed that the quality of the pictures that I upload from my phone's 13 mega pixel camera, decreases heavily when they appear in these forums. Is it a problem with flickr or does it have something to do with the forum?

Think the M42 would be one of those routes? The other bus shadowed it.

I would think that because this bus is fully electric, the company would want to test it on longer routes. This way, they can get the full nyc expierence (stop and go traffic, slow crawling average speeds, extremely uneven and bumpy roads, hills, huge potholes, cabbies cutting you off for fun, etc...). They can then determine if the "155 mile range in the urban environment" is a reality.

no its a 40 footer. I thought it was 35ft as well when I saw it from far away. It looks like that because the rear overhang is about as long as the overhang on an MCI would be if it didn't have the tag axle.

***random question***

I've noticed that the quality of the pictures that I upload from my phone's 13 mega pixel camera, decreases heavily when they appear in these forums. Is it a problem with flickr or does it have something to do with the forum?

I had a feeling my eyes were playing games with me.

As for the pics, I think on Flickr, it depends on how the photo is shared.

Whenever I use Flickr, I usually copy from the image source.

9599296777_d5ed521ce3_b.jpg

Lack of ridership, but also about coverage until a certain time. There's some ridership on those buses at the times that they run at 70 minute headways, but they try to hold on to those buses to see if things will change before cutting them outright because once they're cut it'll be hard to justify bringing them back.

No, its just a way to say "we will maintain the service for now so you don't bitch about it" until the day it all gets cut. Bad enough they cut the 3:00 PM BM1 to Mill Basin Making all stops (leaving a 90 minute gap there).

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Well of course. That's the whole point... It's there until it's cut.

Yeah. I still find it ironic that the BM1 has the widest headways middays and early morning AM hours, and it still has the highest ridership among the BM's

I honestly think that some Saturday Servce on the BM is excessive service, but that's for another discussion.

BYD ebus is spotted at Zerega...

http://www.byd.com/na/auto/ElectricBus.html

here for an NYC style torture test. I've heard talks of it being demo'd out of Quill, but I'm not %100 sure yet. Pics will be up shortly

Damn, the (MTA) is looking at these? Nice.

Though these haven't been in service at any TA, if they can survive Los Angeles as BYD claims then they can survive New York City.

Not bad looking.  The screen looks small though.  I imagine they would have the (MTA) colors right?

I can assure you that it these look better in person.

Either my eyes are deceiving me, or is that 35ft? Not that bad looking either.

40 ft, like LA's.

And a semi related read.

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/41629-lacmta-and-long-beach-to-purchase-all-electric-buses-from-byd-china/

Ok good cuz on wiki it says 4 left in service and 9899 wasn't spotted today but I forgot to check the Q67 which must've had a CNG so maybe 9899 was on it.

According to me (I just stopped posting the pics lol), the usual Q67 CNG run is out for probably the rest of the week (haven't seen the guy since Thursday).

According to me (I just stopped posting the pics lol), the usual Q67 CNG run is out for probably the rest of the week (haven't seen the guy since Thursday).

Oh ok but he shouldve been out today, I forgot to check, I'll check tomorrow and for me now the hunt is on for 9899 even though I don't really believe wiki cuz if every CNG was spotted today except 9899 it doesn't mean it's retired and the best running CNGs is 9905 and then 9899 so there is no reason to retire it also cuz it just got fixed. lol

Oh ok but he shouldve been out today, I forgot to check, I'll check tomorrow and for me now the hunt is on for 9899 even though I don't really believe wiki cuz if every CNG was spotted today except 9899 it doesn't mean it's retired and the best running CNGs is 9905 and then 9899 so there is no reason to retire it also cuz it just got fixed. lol

Probably just got shifted for this week. Doubt they would send it to Eastchester at this point in time.

Yea exactly but if somebody sees 9899 this week if u can, then post it here, I'm gonna be hunting for that one this week.

Well here's from last week

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/42287-this-weeks-q67-in-review-81813-82413/?p=705603

In other words, talkin in general

This is what happens when I showcase an entire thread of Orion V CNG's....

You attract the foamers...

LOL!

And today the run was an RTS!   (Someone's laughing in their shell I see...)

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Well here's from last week

http://www.nyctransitforums.com/forums/topic/42287-this-weeks-q67-in-review-81813-82413/?p=705603

In other words, talkin in general

This is what happens when I showcase an entire thread of Orion V CNG's....

You attract the foamers...

LOL!

And today the run was an RTS!   (Someone's laughing in their shell I see...)

You keep taking all the credit, SMH.

Better watch yourself on the Q67. Only a matter of time before, yeah. :ph34r:

Good luck!