BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well there are no cng artics in the city, so that analogy doesn't fly. Dunno about the b42 stop next to the L train, and not sure about the ridership on it, but I think the B15 would be the most likely choice for artics. B82, maybe an outside shot.

But the B9 is close to Flatbush Depot IDK but I think some run hour trips are Flatbush runs.I remember a RTS on the B9 a while back could have been a Flatbush bus

When East New York gets their artics, I hope that they put some on the B42. As a daily rider of the route, I must say that artics would be greatly welcomed on the line. 

thank u , the (B42) is a headache right now with these 40' .. this is a great idea because any time of the day the (b42) is packed. in reality its a 40' bus to 8 train cars with each train can holding 150 ppl . about 65-70% of ppl get to that train via the (b42) in canarsie

thank u , the (B42) is a headache right now with these 40' .. this is a great idea because any time of the day the (b42) is packed. in reality its a 40' bus to 8 train cars with each train can holding 150 ppl . about 65-70% of ppl get to that train via the (b42) in canarsie

If you they can make the artic fit the terminal in Canarsie, then expect artics on the B42 in the future. Still skeptical on whether or not the B42 actually needs artics since the only time its packed is during rush hours mostly on school days.

If you they can make the artic fit the terminal in Canarsie, then expect artics on the B42 in the future. Still skeptical on whether or not the B42 actually needs artics since the only time its packed is during rush hours mostly on school days.

Fur the umpteenth time, an artic can do anywhere a 40' bus can go...

There's been an Orion V CNG on the Q38 for 3 weekdays in a row... two of those days it was 9899. 

Also, I had no idea that the boxes that hold those 60' articulated bus models that you can get at the Transit Museum and other stores had 9836 on the side signed up as QBx1. Amazing how that bus is still in service! 

I'm curious what a short turn is. Is it this?

M1 to 42nd Street

M2 to 26th Street.

M3 to Broadway-135th Street.

M4 to 145th Street-St. Nicholas Avenue

I assume it's this as these are terminals that are not normal terminals. If this is correct, where can I find all the short-turn terminals?

I'm curious what a short turn is. Is it this?

M1 to 42nd Street

M2 to 26th Street.

M3 to Broadway-135th Street.

M4 to 145th Street-St. Nicholas Avenue

I assume it's this as these are terminals that are not normal terminals. If this is correct, where can I find all the short-turn terminals?

A short turn is when a bus route doesn't travel its full route. FYI you have the M3 and M4 short turns mixed up.

So I was correct. Thanks and thanks for the correction. As I asked, is there a place I can all the short-turn listings?

Yes, the TTMG site.

So I was correct. Thanks and thanks for the correction. As I asked, is there a place I can all the short-turn listings?

Yes, the TTMG site.

The greatest site ever. :)

http://ttmg.org/main.html

Try checking this page:

http://ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=Special:LonelyPages

And go down to each depot you see.

Got it, but which is for n/b and s/b? The M2, for example, has 145th-7 Av and 26th. I know 26th is s/b, but how do I determine what's n/b and what's s/b?

5022 is today's Mannyville RTS. Have to say, this is not a whole lot different than the last few months when 1996s were still assigned to the depot. Every weekday rush hour you'd get either 9211, 9213, 9216, 9218, 9220-9221, or 9223 doing a run on some route. Now, for the past couple years, there've been probably six months out of the year where the same thing has happened, whether MJQ or 126th or QV or JA has supplied the trippers. I'd like the RTS fleet back, but this is something.

I heard on another website(which I won't mention) that the M31 and M57 routes should be combined. Granted, this was a few years ago and maybe or maybe not it's been discussed on here, but does anyone have an opinion on this?

lol... It's been discussed already on here a few times and it is NOT feasible based on the current functions of both routes.  All one needs to do is look at the map and see how these two buses run to understand why.