BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man they really screwed up the numbering thing. This mess could've been avoided if they had just left the lfsa in the 1300s group or renumbered the O5 6000s to 9700s and just retire the d60 hf outright (instead of having to renumber them). And finally the xd60s should've been the 1000s as it was instead of using it for the 5400s d60hfs (basically having the same bus type replacing itself).

I mean sure the cng o5s are almost all gone and would free up the 9800-9900 numbers, but what are they saving the 9700s (last used for the ex-qsc RTSs) for?

Edited by Grand Concourse

Rode 7063 on the S79 Select yesterday morning.

Otherwise yesterday at Bus Fest was great. I left at 4:30, however...I didn't feel lol waiting around for the buses to leave. Fortunately, I heard that was a disaster, so I probably didn't miss much at all.

Rush Q58 buses (as I use it once in a while to avoid the Q38) ALWAYS are full from Ridgewood (SRO) by 69 street, those 2-3 stops that follow make the bus even more crowded. The Q59 doesnt even help. Some Q58 buses have 8 minute gaps, then a 13 minute gap outta nowhere on the schedules at the bus stops, then 8 minute gaos when the printed schedule account for only 7-8 minutes. In corona is bad during the reverse peak. Overall Q58 and Q59 buses are not helping out, the limiteds also are not helping out. You need like twice the service actually provided now to actually get everyone in.

I've been seeing folks talk a lot about 9899... What's so special about it?

Nothing much just that it was OOS for almost a month during the summer, so it got fixed up and runs great now I hope that one gets preserved though it's a major hauler.