BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I've been seeing folks talk a lot about 9899... What's so special about it?

Its an Orion V CNG...nuff said

I know that Grand Av has orion 5 b/c of Yukon with the mileage swap, Fresh Pond has 45xx Next Gens but which one of Fresh Pond's Next Gens left, 40xx or 41xx?

A little of both for now

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nothing much just that it was OOS for almost a month during the summer, so it got fixed up and runs great now I hope that one gets preserved though it's a major hauler.

I see... Didn't know that...

It's a bus that gets too much attention which should be scrapped and the rest of it's group along with it, to prevent any madness.

LOL! The fact it was getting so much attention is what led me to ask my question...

Its an Orion V CNG...nuff said

That I knew... If anything, I really liked 9833... That Orion V CNG had one of the best ringers out there...

I see... Didn't know that...

LOL! The fact it was getting so much attention is what led me to ask my question...

That I knew... If anything, I really liked 9833... That Orion V CNG had one of the best ringers out there...

Then you're gonna love this one...

...recorded by me

6310 and another Orion V are on the Q59. There was also an Orion V on the Q58 around 1:00 PM.

Also 9905 Q38 at the moment. It's at Otis / 60 And should be leaving soon as of 5:26 PM.

Right, I saw that on the Q38 and was like <_< , because I was at the stop before when it passed.

The Orion V Q58 is a school tripper.

Are you sure that it wasn't a codebreak ?

There were a significant amount of people on that bus.

im suprised no one caught this change with the new pick and service changes this one went under the radar.

M60 bus late night service change 

Effective Sunday, Sep 8 

Westbound buses no longer serve LaGuardia Airport's 
Marine Air Terminal.   

No Westbound service between midnight and  6 am at the 
following stops: 

Marine Terminal Rd at Marine Air Terminal 
Marine Terminal Rd at Fiorello Ln 
Ditmars Blvd at Grand Central Pkwy Service Rd 

Whats at the Marine Terminal anyway?

delta shuttle now contracted out to a regional carrier

Yeah, Marine Terminal in general gets the least usage.

I wouldn't be all that surprised if the MTA cut all routes from there in the near future.

If ridership over there decreases, then maybe, but the ridership to the Marine Terminal is enough to have one route go over there.

the q47 and q48 are the only ones who go there 

I was wondering if there was a way to track certain drivers' schedules. I rode with a very friendly driver on the BxM3 from Yonkers to Midtown. He even said "I may see you again" and he gave me his badge number. I also saw the driver that took me up to Yonkers the other day downtown. He was on the same line(BxM3). I even e-mailed the MTA with a commendation for him.

I was wondering if there was a way to track certain drivers' schedules. I rode with a very friendly driver on the BxM3 from Yonkers to Midtown. He even said "I may see you again" and he gave me his badge number. I also saw the driver that took me up to Yonkers the other day downtown. He was on the same line(BxM3). I even e-mailed the MTA with a commendation for him.

lol... The Yonkers drivers get moved around a lot and usually on purpose so that they don't get too comfortable with other B/O's or with the groupies up front.  It's a management thing from what I hear, but the depot is so small that if you ride the lines enough you'll get some of them regularly.  I certainly do.  The other issues with that depot is a lot of drivers get fired.  A lot of rude ones out of Yonkers so it's a revolving door.  I can always tell when a bunch have been fired by the tons of new faces I see.