BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I was wondering if there was a way to track certain drivers' schedules. I rode with a very friendly driver on the BxM3 from Yonkers to Midtown. He even said "I may see you again" and he gave me his badge number. I also saw the driver that took me up to Yonkers the other day downtown. He was on the same line(BxM3). I even e-mailed the MTA with a commendation for him.

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was wondering if there was a way to track certain drivers' schedules. I rode with a very friendly driver on the BxM3 from Yonkers to Midtown. He even said "I may see you again" and he gave me his badge number. I also saw the driver that took me up to Yonkers the other day downtown. He was on the same line(BxM3). I even e-mailed the MTA with a commendation for him.

lol... The Yonkers drivers get moved around a lot and usually on purpose so that they don't get too comfortable with other B/O's or with the groupies up front.  It's a management thing from what I hear, but the depot is so small that if you ride the lines enough you'll get some of them regularly.  I certainly do.  The other issues with that depot is a lot of drivers get fired.  A lot of rude ones out of Yonkers so it's a revolving door.  I can always tell when a bunch have been fired by the tons of new faces I see.

The (MTA) already put signs on stations stating that BusTime for Manhattan buses will come out this month, but there's no exact day.

They're probably either testing it now OR in the process.  They wouldn't put that up unless it was starting really soon.  I would think they'll test the system for a few weeks and then see.

Saw this on bustime:

Effects Port Richmond bound S53,S57,S59 and S66

7 AM to 8 PM, Thu and Fri, Oct 3 - 4

Due to the Boardwalk Empire Movie Shoot, northbound S57 / S59
and westbound S53 / S66 buses run via Castleton, Harrison and
Sharpe Avs making corresponding stops.

• Please allow additional travel time.

5209, wtf? I thought they were all returned back to nyct?

=

artic 5485 on the Q35 today, back sign was stuck on the Q22*. Mid afternoon is a waste as everyone could've fit on an OG bus. Imo, they should run during the rush hours when there's a real need for them. Also a bunch of ex-nyct rtss on the Q35. The OG was the minority for a change, thank god!

*is this a flaw with the d60hfs? The rear sign isn't in sync with the front one.

Edited by Grand Concourse