BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If I use pennies on the bus will it accept them? In the manual for the cubic fare systems it says that all coins are accepted, just because the mta says "no pennies" will the machine accept pennies?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

Probably not.  They don't want people clogging up the machine with tons of pennies.  The vending machines certainly don't accept them.

Very funny... So funny I forgot to laugh...  <_<

Oh I'm serious, look:

http://openbveconnect.com/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Roster

(Credits to Rick44)

and 

http://www.ttmg.org/mediawiki/index.php?title=MTA_Regional_Bus_Operations_Depot_Roster

This is no laughing matter...

We've always had 77 buses, so they'll probably keep those in storage if anything.  Otherwise folks would certainly make a stink, me included.  Those are from 1999... Why aren't they retired anyway?? 

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

We've always had 77 buses, so they'll probably keep those in storage if anything.  Otherwise folks would certainly make a stink, me included.  Those are from 1999... Why aren't they retired anyway?? 

Oh well, at least if they're on the BxM4, no one will have to worry about anything (as those buses can handle those crowds). It's not retired because it's at Yonkers now, so they'll probably take good care of it....

If I use pennies on the bus will it accept them? In the manual for the cubic fare systems it says that all coins are accepted, just because the mta says "no pennies" will the machine accept pennies?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk now Free

Yes. The fareboxes themselves are capable of accepting pennies. It's generally advised against though.

You didn't here it from me, but rumor has it if you board with a shitload of pennies the B/O will usually waive you fare while you're inserting the coins.

Yes. The fareboxes themselves are capable of accepting pennies. It's generally advised against though.

You didn't here it from me, but rumor has it if you board with a shitload of pennies the B/O will usually waive you fare while you're inserting the coins.

Lol, such a good cheapskate trick. If I get a street vendor who I can tell is trying to stick me for extra money, I hand him what I think's fair and I count the rest in pennies. Never had to pay once.

Lol, such a good cheapskate trick. If I get a street vendor who I can tell is trying to stick me for extra money, I hand him what I think's fair and I count the rest in pennies. Never had to pay once.

F**k yeah, so you know what's up holmes.

The one day that I don't bring my camera, all the good stuff happens. I saw 2 NGs on the Q43, as well as 2 Bees on the Q113. 

Damn yo, I feel you, had my camera die on me back in the summer when CNG's were all over. But anyways, NG's will show up (On the Q88 they feel too old for me, lol)

Oh well, at least if they're on the BxM4, no one will have to worry about anything (as those buses can handle those crowds). It's not retired because it's at Yonkers now, so they'll probably take good care of it....

Well Kingsbridge claims they've been there for months and I have yet to even see one on any line, let alone ride one.  I think they're just keeping them just in case  but they're old enough now to be ready to be retired by next year.  They came out in 1999.  2014 would be about 15 years.

So 6311 burst into flames earlier on the S59...

1385390_10153490205640347_588834286_n.jp

...not my picture

That bus is done. I don't see that bus getting fixed up and coming back to service anytime soon. This goes to show you that no bus is safe from a fire incident. Its a 14 year old bus, but even the newest bus in the roster can go through some serious shit like this one.

Lol.

They day I move out of Middle Village area...

Oh someone's gonna be mad....

There are 2 Old MCI's from Staten Island assigned to Yonkers Depot, the ones with the Green Signs :D

They been there for MONTHS. They are only taken out in case an extra bus is really needed.

They've been there for work, they were supposed to be shipped to either Spring Creek, College Point or LaGuardia. They aren't actually assigned to Yonkers for revenue service.....

To add onto that, none of the operators out of Yonkers want to operate those old junkers, the 1900s they had just sat there until they retired/eventually sent them to Spring Creek/College Point.

----------------------------------

Caught me off guard so nicely last night, 4705 was on the M15 +Select+ to Houston. 

Edited by Cait Sith

That bus is done. I don't see that bus getting fixed up and coming back to service anytime soon. This goes to show you that no bus is safe from a fire incident. Its a 14 year old bus, but even the newest bus in the roster can go through some serious shit like this one.

You do realize this isn't the first bus to catch on fire...

Pet peeve: sitting on a bus with tons of seats and the window cracked open. Somebody comes and sits in the seat next to me and tells me the close window. Just wanna say, bitch, there ARE other seats.

Thats why i sit in the back...because pple dont come to the back...the backk has nice legroom..and it gives me a good view of the bus