BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Heard yesterday on the LIB scanner that a bus (don't remember exact number, but 1500 series) was swapped out in Hempstead because apparently somebody puked all over the farebox and front steps.

Road ops was surprised! Too bad it's not possible to hear the bus drivers, all of them apparently communicate with dispatch by cell phone. Only heard one bus driver call on the radio before. (and that driver had an 1800 series bus)

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3620 from LGA has the new scheme! I saw the bus yesterday but didn't get a chance until now to tell about it. So far 3612, 3614, 3619 & 3620 all have the new scheme. Im still keeping an eye out for more LGA new schemers.

btw I had a dream a few nights ago that Ex Bee-Liner #133 had the new scheme. It was weird ;).

I rode on three express buses today, X17J, X1 and BM4.. yea I'm about that life lol. Anyways I seen two express buses that died out there today, a YUK MCI on the northbound NJ Turnpike (Yes, A MTA MCI broke down in New Jersey... LMAO!) and 2230 broke down on Courtilyou Rd.

The X1 I rode on was just freshly cleaned by YUK when I got on it, floors still wet, smelling fresh and water was dripping on the outside of the bus, it was equivalent of a blonde white woman getting out of the Ocean at the beach! :cool:

My list of favorite bus models in the presence (I didn't include the MCI Commuter Coach Buses):

1/2.) New Flyer C40LF and Orion VII Next Generation Hybrid- Smooth Riding, Design, and Speed

3/4.) Novabus LFS Articulated and Novabus LFS (Only with the Allison WB-400R Gen IV Transmission System)- I like the seat arrangement and design

5.) Orion VII Next Generation CNG- I like the engine and seats

6/7.) Novabus RTS and New Flyer D60HF- Nice riding on a high floor

8/9.) Orion V and Orion V CNG- Has nice design and good ride

10.) Orion VII Hybrid- Bus is okay, but not as good as the NG Hybrids. The back and front doesn't look okay to me.

11.) Orion VII CNG- The back and front doesn't look okay to me. The bus is also too loud that could be heard around half a block. This bus shakes too that it doesn't make a comfortable riding for me and my mom.

Edited by Coneyislandav7

My B26 pulled up saying Columbia Football...looks nice

And on the flip side, its a NG *vomit* ;)

3620 from LGA has the new scheme! I saw the bus yesterday but didn't get a chance until now to tell about it. So far 3612, 3614, 3619 & 3620 all have the new scheme. Im still keeping an eye out for more LGA new schemers.

btw I had a dream a few nights ago that Ex Bee-Liner #133 had the new scheme. It was weird :(.

133 doesn't have a new scheme...just a new face lol. From the front, it looks exactly like a NYCT Orion V

133 doesn't have a new scheme...just a new face lol. From the front, it looks exactly like a NYCT Orion V

I know, ive seen it. I actually said it was a dream, not for real ;)

They started putting ads on the new NGs. It does look a bit weird on the front, with nothing under it.

Are you talking about those NG's I saw on the B49 that had ads on the back saying "Bus lanes are for buses. Are you a bus?". I've been seeing alot of those, they look weird especially with the Arial Font numbers on the back.

btw every bus out of LGA now has the new "plane" programming for the front of the bus. (For windows 7 veiwers, you can see the "plane" symbol here):

✈Q72 LAGUARDIA AIRPORT

✈Q72 CENTRAL TERM

✈Q72 VIA JUNCTION BLVD

All buses have it EXCEPT the Orion V Ex-Bees :(.

Are you talking about those NG's I saw on the B49 that had ads on the back saying "Bus lanes are for buses. Are you a bus?". I've been seeing alot of those, they look weird especially with the Arial Font numbers on the back.

Actually I think he's talking about the LIB 3G's bcuz I started noticing them with the ads on the front recrntly starting with #1811 a week or two ago & then @#1831 earlier tonight. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't LIB's 3G's were even born with ads on the front.

At about 4:45 pm earlier today, I saw bus #905 sitting parked on Glenwood Rd & that block after Flatbush Av

...Its now 11:32 pm and its still there :eek:

Actually I think he's talking about the LIB 3G's bcuz I started noticing them with the ads on the front recrntly starting with #1811 a week or two ago & then @#1831 earlier tonight. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't LIB's 3G's were even born with ads on the front.

Those aren't 3Gs; those are NGs...1800 was the last one to come with the stripe on the front, then everything else after that has the new paint scheme

OMG!!! 3607 has been repainted... with the OLD scheme!! When I saw it this morning it was running naked on the Q72... No ads at all anywhere! Why couldn't they have given 3607 the new scheme at least :mad:. lol.

Cuz they know that you like that bus so they did to to see your reaction :P

Rode on a few 8800s from FB lately and they sound pretty good. I would prefer the newer RTSs, but the 8800s and that one 8900 that I rode have all sounded pretty good and I would not mind if they stayed a bit longer.

:sigh: On the OGs and the paint scheme: meh. Could care less. OG should stay as it is. I hate the NG style scheme on OGs.

I'm on 9391 right now on the B3 heading home and there's this dent in the front right where the number is :eek:...pic to come soon

How is that possible? Everytime I'm by 34th st. all I see are NGs on the (M34) and (M16)? Do those buses have the time and the automated stops etc like the NGs do that they set up??

They was probably short on buses, its happens once in a while...last time I saw a RTS. But out of all the times I seen it happen, it was almost always run #30

Every day, it seems I see more FP NGs in service. I'm gonna miss the 96' RTS especially the blackbacked ones.

Hey Fresh Pond, after all the NGs come in, about how many RTS will we have?

After the dust settles, we'll still have the 9500s...not sure about everything else though

EDIT: here's the pic...from what I've been told, its been like that for quite some time now...

IMG00373-20110430-0208.jpg

Edited by Fresh Pond