BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

3960 is on the Bx2  :huh:  isnt it an artic route?

40fters often show up on artic routes.

So this morning at Hylan and Narrows Road South... two ladies were speaking and she said to the lady "since my job relocated I'm now taking the 2X instead of the 1X." Why must she say it like that instead of X1 and X2?

That's how its referred to in its old school saying. All the drivers and dispatchers refer the lines to them as such.
Edited by Cait Sith

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hymyhuga.jpg

I must ask all of you..Well, as you may or may not know, as of September 8th, not only did this here happened, but weekend service on the B69 was restored, after practically 3 and 3/4 years. I, as a railfanner/busfanner enthusiast, of gender, must ask what do all of you think? I say its a smart decision for the (MTA) to restore weekend service on the B69, but what do you think of the B67 extension?

Edited by JennM7Lover

took the MTA NYC test this January.  Passed test could be called next year of 2014?   When you get appointed, can anyone explain what is the process after that?  I know there is Training on the bus, but are they telling you or are they giving you options on what garage you will be in ?  Or will the process include being a floater from depot to depot till your able to pick what garage you will be in?  I would think that the training you do will have to be in the one depot they send you to ........................I live in Suffolk