BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

7048 on the s57. 4451 did trips on the s53 then ran on the s78. Sports it's old Jamaica decals too lol

Sent from my SGH-T699 using Tapatalk

I saw it pass me on the opposite side on the bridge...i thought it was Castleton stickers cause it was dark unlike Charleston...so i said its at Castleton cause that bus seen numerous runs on the s53..and now on the 78 on the weekend. 

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didnt want to post that on this site...but since you did i'll mention mine. i took the 4 to union square...then the X28 to brooklyn and got an x-fer. I was like whatt!

Driver probably didn't set the farebox up right. Happened to me too a few days ago...

Me and a friends of mine planned on taking the X1 because she never been on a Prevost...or an expresses bus for that matter. We put $12 on a metrocard (there was already 8 on it and i just added the 4) and she got on and i dipped for the both of us. Wasn't really patting attention to the farebox but out the corner of my eye I saw .50 on the box. When we got off, i checked at the machines at Eltingville and sure enough, there was $7 left on the card

Not a repaint, just a wash. You can tell by the sides that you can actually see its original decal over the actual white paint.

More than just a wash. I agree it's probably not a full repaint (though that would be the shit), but the black vinyl at the rear is gone and the stickers on the engine cover are new. Definitely had a little work done.

So the recent "swap" in Staten Island is as follows.

A Castleton operator was assaulted on one of the hawk(overnight) runs, from what I hear, he's okay. Because of the incident, a small set of buses with cameras and buses with partitions (NG Hybrids and EPA10s) have been sent to all three local depots for the overnight runs. This is only temporary.

And before anyone starts asking about a big/permanent swap, please, read before you post.

So the recent "swap" in Staten Island is as follows.

A Castleton operator was assaulted on one of the hawk(overnight) runs, from what I hear, he's okay. Because of the incident, a small set of buses with cameras and buses with partitions (NG Hybrids and EPA10s) have been sent to all three local depots for the overnight runs. This is only temporary.

And before anyone starts asking about a big/permanent swap, please, read before you post.

Those NGs dont have partitions..i see them everyday on the S78/S79