BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reviving new buses?? I think Jackie Gleason got a decent amount of new buses... Fresh Pond get hand-me-downs from other depots for the most part, as did ENY and Ulmer Park.

East New York still got new buses more often than Fresh Pond. But Ulmer Park never got any new buses (besides the XD40's, Orion VII 3rd Gens, & LFS). Edited by E For Erica

East New York still got new buses more often than Fresh Pond. But Ulmer Park never got any new buses (besides the XD40's, Orion VII 3rd Gens, & LFS).

Actually, Ulmer Park got its fair share of new buses back in the 90's... Same thing with ENY... I would say Fresh Pond and Ulmer Park have been the most neglected in Brooklyn.

Reviving new buses?? I think Jackie Gleason got a decent amount of new buses... Fresh Pond get hand-me-downs from other depots for the most part, as did ENY and Ulmer Park.

Sorry, this autocorrect on my phone has a mind of its own sometimes...

The only reason Gleason received 200+ new buses was to replace their original CNG fleet which had to all go damn near at the same time.

-ENY recieved buses off the line new in 99, then 06-ish

-UP received new buses in 98, then the BT&E batch (express buses excluded). They were supposed to receive part of the NG order when everyone was getting their share but something happened and that batch went to JFK instead (their 2nd set)

-Fresh Pond got buses brand new in 99, then 05, then got hand me downs from everywhere

-Gleason got buses brand new in 98, then 01, then 2011-13