BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man......

why is he/she B/O stopping someone from talking on the phone? Its her phone...she spends her money on her phone, she can talk as freely as she wants. B/Os be trippin sometimes. I can understand if she was super loud and the B/O wanted her to lower her voice, but as long as im not making loud noise, littering, smoking, spiting, vandalizing, or being rude on the bus, then dont bother me or tell me what to do.

As for putting the bus OOS, are you crazy? Why would you want that? Only time a B/O could/should put a bus OOS is if theres a problem with the bus itself, crazy passenger, or some substance thats affecting everyone on the bus. I would hate for a B/O to put a bus OOS, especially in weather like this, and you know how inconvient that would be? Hell, someone vomited all in the last row of a B36 bus one day, whole bus smelled like vomit, and although it was a substance that affected everyone on the bus, he kept it in service till the end of the route since it was packed and he was running late.

I've had people crap on the bus, but since it was a good runner,I just opened some windows & kept going.

I've had people crap on the bus, but since it was a good runner,I just opened some windows & kept going.

I was out one night with my friend & her friends on our way home from a party & one of her friends really pulled down her jeans, pulled her panties to the side and starting pissing on the bus seat standing up. And everyone was just recording it & laughing with her. Edited by E For Erica

I was out one night with my friend & her friends on our way home from a party & one of her friends really pulled down her jeans, pulled her panties to the side and starting pissing on the bus seat standing up. And everyone was just recording it & laughing with her.

They ain't laughing with her they laughing at her!

I was out one night with my friend & her friends on our way home from a party & one of her friends really pulled down her jeans, pulled her panties to the side and starting pissing on the bus seat standing up. And everyone was just recording it & laughing with her.

Damn so all the times I've been on the bus I could have been sitting in a seat someone had pissed on before. Lol your friends friend is dirty :D

They ain't laughing with her they laughing at her!

Lmao nah they were laughing with her. They were all drunk. Smh

Damn so all the times I've been on the bus I could have been sitting in a seat someone had pissed on before. Lol your friends friend is dirty :D

Really makes you re-consider the girls you hang out with.

"A girl peeing standing up? Suddenly all foamers proceeded to the back of the bus" lml

Edited by E For Erica

That's nothing. I get drunk stupid in public all the time.

It happens. :ph34r:

Isn't RTS and other 40 foot buses suppose to be on the articulate bus routes after 10PM when service is lighter until 5AM. I think it's a waste to run 60ft buses especially on the Q44 and Q10 at night.

After 10-11PM, the Q10 is predominantly 40fters. The Q44 still run artics and it gets packed even after 10PM. I've been on an SRO artic at Midnight to Jamaica.

-EDIT-

For xboi4888 since he might be interested, 4865 is on the B1.

Edited by Cait Sith

After 10-11PM, the Q10 is predominantly 40fters. The Q44 still run artics and it gets packed even after 10PM. I've been on an SRO artic at Midnight to Jamaica.

-EDIT-

For xboi4888 since he might be interested, 4865 is on the B1.

I rode it recently on jan 30th on the B1. I dont care with this weather cause I know B/Os aren't moving. Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

I saw in another thread that 5088 is now at ECH after an accident last year, what exactly happened in this accident to 5088 to shelf it for a year and then have it sent to scrap?

Front accident on the B6 right near Caesars Bay( however you spell it) next to the Belt. Had frame damage...sat at UP to decide if they wanted to fix it or not, now as you can see, going to EC.

flashback question:

Why did 5253-5263 and 5822-5841 went to Tuskegee with MJQ having D60HFs again?

I wouldn't know why, but I'm glad they did, as it put more 3 door artics on that hellish M101...

Although if I were the shotcaller, I'dve left 5822-41 at quill and put more 52xx at airmen... :P

I wouldn't know why, but I'm glad they did, as it put more 3 door artics on that hellish M101...

Although if I were the shotcaller, I'dve left 5822-41 at quill and put more 52xx at airmen... :P

actually tbh in my opinion, 5822-5841 to Tuskegee and leave 5253-5263 at MJQ

NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AWARDS NEW FLYER A CONTRACT FOR 276 40-FOOT XCELSIOR® BUSES VALUED AT $138M

http://www.newflyer.com/index/2014_02_03_new_york_award

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – February 3, 2014: (TSX: NFI) (TSX: NFI.DB.U) New Flyer Industries Inc. (“New Flyer” or the “Company”), the leading manufacturer of heavy-duty transit buses in the United States and Canada, announced today that New York City Transit Authority (“NYCT”) has awarded New Flyer a firm contract for 276 heavy-duty 40-foot Xcelsior® clean diesel powered buses.  The contract is valued at $138 million.

NYCT and MTA Bus Company (together, “MTA”) comprise the largest transit agency in North America with over 5,700 transit buses in their fleet of which approximately 1000 or 17% are New Flyer buses.  Over the last three years, New Flyer has delivered 668 transit buses or 758 equivalent units (“EUs”) to MTA with both clean-diesel and natural gas propulsions systems in 40- and 60-foot configurations.  In 2013 alone New Flyer built 118 buses or 138 EUs for MTA. 

Paul Soubry, New Flyer’s President and Chief Executive Officer, announced, “We are very proud to have been awarded yet another opportunity to build buses for the NYCT, the largest bus operator in America.” Soubry added, “NYCT has among the harshest and most demanding operating profile of any transit agency in North America, so continued contract awards to New Flyer reaffirms our Xcelsior, offering world-class quality and industry leading product support with comprehensive warranty, service and lifetime customer care is meeting our customers needs.”

Production of the 276 Xcelsior® buses is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2014 with the delivery of four pilot buses.  All production buses are to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2015.

NEW YORK CITY TRANSIT AWARDS NEW FLYER A CONTRACT FOR 276 40-FOOT XCELSIOR® BUSES VALUED AT $138M

http://www.newflyer.com/index/2014_02_03_new_york_award

Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada – February 3, 2014: (TSX: NFI) (TSX: NFI.DB.U) New Flyer Industries Inc. (“New Flyer” or the “Company”), the leading manufacturer of heavy-duty transit buses in the United States and Canada, announced today that New York City Transit Authority (“NYCT”) has awarded New Flyer a firm contract for 276 heavy-duty 40-foot Xcelsior® clean diesel powered buses. The contract is valued at $138 million.

NYCT and MTA Bus Company (together, “MTA”) comprise the largest transit agency in North America with over 5,700 transit buses in their fleet of which approximately 1000 or 17% are New Flyer buses. Over the last three years, New Flyer has delivered 668 transit buses or 758 equivalent units (“EUs”) to MTA with both clean-diesel and natural gas propulsions systems in 40- and 60-foot configurations. In 2013 alone New Flyer built 118 buses or 138 EUs for MTA.

Paul Soubry, New Flyer’s President and Chief Executive Officer, announced, “We are very proud to have been awarded yet another opportunity to build buses for the NYCT, the largest bus operator in America.” Soubry added, “NYCT has among the harshest and most demanding operating profile of any transit agency in North America, so continued contract awards to New Flyer reaffirms our Xcelsior, offering world-class quality and industry leading product support with comprehensive warranty, service and lifetime customer care is meeting our customers needs.”

Production of the 276 Xcelsior® buses is expected to begin in the third quarter of 2014 with the delivery of four pilot buses. All production buses are to be completed by the fourth quarter of 2015.

Ohhh shit! :D I know someone's gonna be happy lol.