BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Can an express bus driver take a bus out of service just because a passenger won't stop talking on her(woman in my case)cell phone after being told not to?

Don't know what the rule is, but that does seem extreme.....

On most express buses, there are signs that clearly say NO CELL PHONES, especially on the newer buses such as the ones out of Yonkers Depot (posted at the very end of the bus in the back, or towards the front behind the B/O's area), which means NO TALKING ON THE CELL PHONE and some B/O's do enforce that rule.  The reason is because there are too many people that lay on their cell phones yacking endlessly about utter BS, and if you have a commute for over an hour or more and you have to be subjected to someone yelling in your ear the entire time it can create a serious problem.  I've seen arguments break out because of it.  It's usually non-regulars that are rude and do it, but you have some obnoxious regulars that do it too from time to time, and I myself have turned around and told a few people off.

You mean the (tacky) hand-written ones (in marker), directly above the steps as you're entering the bus  :lol:

You can't expect passengers (regulars or non-regulars) to take that seriously..... Which is a good reason why you get arguments over that shit; it isn't all that enforced if you're not sitting close to the b/o...

#middayQ38problems

**Q38 meme**

<_<

Solution = Increase headways on the Q38, right?  ;)

I was out one night with my friend & her friends on our way home from a party & one of her friends really pulled down her jeans, pulled her panties to the side and starting pissing on the bus seat standing up. And everyone was just recording it & laughing with her.

Disturbing & Classless.....

http://web.mta.info/nyct/service/servChanges_QM20.htm

QM20 will run hourly service on Presidents' Day.

The route is not the busiest QM route...though I agree that weekday-only express bus routes should have some form of service on the holiday, the choice of the QM20 sounds like a move to shut up a politician.

....or that the push from Bounad Hanhic & however many people he's gotten support from in that general area of Queens to improve service on that route is apparent...

(although, unfortunately, I don't see the route ever being extended to lower manhattan).....

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....or that the push from Bounad Hanhic & however many people he's gotten support from in that general area of Queens to improve service on that route is apparent...

(although, unfortunately, I don't see the route ever being extended to lower manhattan).....

Why don't you see route extended to lower manhattan, is it not enough ridership?

Why don't you see route extended to lower manhattan, is it not enough ridership?

Simply put, I don't think the MTA would go through with such an extension - if latent ridership exists or not....

Pretty much. I hate to double standard my own gender but it never feels right when a girl pees standing up lol

Heh.... I think it's something bigger than you might realize... But I don't wanna go into it in the bus random thoughts thread here.....

That X27 bus is so quiet, when any automated announcements go off, it just startles me. 

Solution = Increase headways on the Q38, right?  ;)

Lol.

My Solution= Use any alternative travel (because outside the rush hour, the Q38 is just a lost cause).

Edited by Q23 Central Terminal

Na. The bus has camera's. If it says MTA4630 it's the camera's (every FB NG has camera's).

It's not the cameras, it's the GPS that's connecting to the network.

------------------

You know, for a 5MP cell phone camera from my new Motorola Moto G, this isn't so bad, I dig it.

12398360955_a2460969a3_o.jpg

12398513103_8b9eb02328_o.jpg

12398523013_28a27d3d4d_o.jpg

------------------

You know, for a 5MP cell phone camera from my new Motorola Moto G, this isn't so bad, I dig it.

Nice Xcelsior pics.

I always wondered why the B38 Limited stops where you took the B25 pic because that bus stop doesn't say "B38 Limited"

The wifi is for downloading the security camera footage off the bus. Even if you have the right password you can't go online with it.

Correction, you can (I've tried it once), it's just that nothing will work lol.

----------

It also transmits live stream to the folks at the various BusTrek locations. I recall people in the depots and the bustrek locations seeing what goes down on the buses from their iPads.

When I saw that, I was like damn, times REALLY have changed!

Edited by Cait Sith

Correction, you can (I've tried it once), it's just that nothing will work lol.

----------

It also transmits live stream to the folks at the various BusTrek locations. I recall people in the depots and the bustrek locations seeing what goes down on the buses from their iPads.

When I saw that, I was like damn, times REALLY have changed!

Well yeah that's what I meant. You can't go online.

Interesting how if that's the case the different platforms (GPS/security camera) are all working with that 1 wifi network, though afaik the Bus Trek and GPS stuff is all done over the Verizon Wireless network. Looking into it a little further I'm hearing the wifi network might have something to do with the Clever Devices AVM/diagnostics monitoring as well.

The wifi is for downloading the security camera footage off the bus. Even if you have the right password you can't go online with it.

No, the WiFi is for IVN (intelligent vehicle network installed on evry bus from 2004 and up) to connect to the clever device when the bus pulls into the depot fuel station and anytime someone at the command center wants to see the inside the bus (when the bus is fitted with cameras). Edited by Blitz

------------------

You can see a huge significant comparison between ENY and UP just by the exterior of those buses.

You can see a huge significant comparison between ENY and UP just by the exterior of those buses.

Yep! And I took an UP XD40 on the shuttle today & 1284. That Nova was flying lol. The XD40 ride was cool too. But too bad this crazy motha lova was shouting the whole ride about how the (A) is "f**ked"

No, the WiFi is for IVN (intelligent vehicle network installed on evry bus from 2004 and up) to connect to the clever device when the bus pulls into the depot fuel station and anytime someone at the command center wants to see the inside the bus (when the bus is fitted with cameras).

Think you mean 08, the clever device program started with the first NGs for the "ecodrive"/regen system, diagnostics and PSA/"please exit through the rear door" announcements. Unless they were using the older system (IVN 1/2) before that and it didn't do everything the new one (IVN 3) does or have those cone shaped antennas.

Yep! And I took an UP XD40 on the shuttle today & 1284. That Nova was flying lol. The XD40 ride was cool too. But too bad this crazy motha lova was shouting the whole ride about how the (A) is "f**ked"

It's the first time that part of the (A) has been f**ked in a while...