BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What I never understood with the B6 Limited, EVERY local stop from Bensonhurst to Ave J (Q) station is a Limited Stop. But when I see the B82 Limited, its Bath Ave, 86st, Kings Highway. The B6 Limited has like 7-8 stops from Bath Ave to Kings Highway.

If the Limited goes back to ENY would those extra stops be removed? Im just asking because I didnt know this route until Oct 2013.

Edited by XcelsiorBoii4888

And people say those things are slow....

I told you guys, them things MOVE!

To be fair, there have been a few I've been on that was capped so low it's ridiculous.

Over the summer I was going to my niece's birthday party and I had to take the S53 there. We get on the bridge and then everyone starts passing us...didn't think nothing of it until an S79 aired us out...badly.

I was standing near the front (I usually don't sit on them buses if I can't get to the back row since that's basically the only spot where I can fit lol) and I look at the speedometer and we doing 30. It was bad enough to the point where he had the hazards on across the bridge lol

To be fair, there have been a few I've been on that was capped so low it's ridiculous.

Over the summer I was going to my niece's birthday party and I had to take the S53 there. We get on the bridge and then everyone starts passing us...didn't think nothing of it until an S79 aired us out...badly.

I was standing near the front (I usually don't sit on them buses if I can't get to the back row since that's basically the only spot where I can fit lol) and I look at the speedometer and we doing 30. It was bad enough to the point where he had the hazards on across the bridge lol

The QV units were capped pretty low. Most of the Castleton units are up there.

How are those LFS doing? Seems their all in Queens all isolated, no signs of an LFS.

They are good, I think pretty much most of the LFS's received the updated destination sign. I still wished we that the XD40's and Orion 3G's over here. It was fun riding on the Q88 from the mall over the highway.

Random thought: why are there more express buses out of Manhattan than into Manhattan. A fine example would be the qm21 which runs qllthe way till 9 pm from nyc while to the city, inbound service ends around 9 am   

The QM21 used to have service to Manhattan from 3 PM to 7 PM every hour as well, and I guess the few QM21's at night to Queens contain a combination of regulars and X63 riders as well, since the X63 stops running at around 7:30 PM.

Random thought: why are there more express buses out of Manhattan than into Manhattan. A fine example would be the qm21 which runs qllthe way till 9 pm from nyc while to the city, inbound service ends around 9 am   

It could also be because in the morning people generally need to get to work and such on time, whereas in the evening folks may have a little more flexibility, after work running about and whatnot.

4150 has a front ad....the hell. Sent from my XT1034 using Tapatalk

It's been like that for a while, from what I remember (I saw it like 2-3 weeks ago or something). It is very interesting though, given how MTA bus doesn't put front ads at all (the only buses with front ads IIRC come from NYCT), and we have this. Could just be one oddball, or may be something new.

It's been like that for a while, from what I remember (I saw it like 2-3 weeks ago or something). It is very interesting though, given how MTA bus doesn't put front ads at all (the only buses with front ads IIRC come from NYCT), and we have this. Could just be one oddball, or may be something new.

I remember a 3500 bus from BP had NYCT decals and for a short time had a front ad.

Very random thought, but would the MTA taking a look at those ECOCoaches that NJT make sense? Or perhaps later, in like 10 to 15 years have the MTA purchase CNG coaches for CP and SC?

Nope, Designline was originally in the running for the EXP bus order, but was eliminated because of the lack of experience they've had in building such things(this will be the same going for EPV). They'll likely stick with MCI, assuming that it will be a non-competitive bid.

Also, CNG coaches wouldnt make much sense having, you only have two places to move them around, meanwhile, every other depot is shuffling around buses for mileage and other reasons.

Edited by Cait Sith