BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nope, Designline was originally in the running for the EXP bus order, but was eliminated because of the lack of experience they've had in building such things(this will be the same going for EPV). They'll likely stick with MCI, assuming that it will be a non-competitive bid.

Also, CNG coaches wouldnt make much sense having, you only have two places to move them around, meanwhile, every other depot is shuffling around buses for mileage and other reasons.

The MTA could acquire the NJT batch as a test fleet on the cheap, provided that they can fit through the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel and Queens Midtown Tunnel, and assign them to College Point or Spring Creek.

Rode 1021 (forgot the former number) on the Q22 today

Ex-5337.

Also, CNG coaches wouldnt make much sense having, you only have two places to move them around, meanwhile, every other depot is shuffling around buses for mileage and other reasons.

Well look at NJT. You have 1 depot in the whole damn state with a CNG station and they do fine with the CNG buses. MTA has 2 express CNG depots in a much smaller service area.

The MTA could acquire the NJT batch as a test fleet on the cheap, provided that they can fit through the Brooklyn-Battery Tunnel and Queens Midtown Tunnel, and assign them to College Point or Spring Creek.

I would think they can, considering that there was one testing in Manhattan and Staten Island some time ago during the very beginning of the NJ Transit order.

Well look at NJT. You have 1 depot in the whole damn state with a CNG station and they do fine with the CNG buses. MTA has 2 express CNG depots in a much smaller service area.

Yeah, but NJ Transit doesn't swap around their EXP fleet that often, or at all for that matter. A vast majority of those buses have stayed in their current garages almost their entire lives.

In NYMTA, almost every express bus has been swapped around for mileage and other stuff.

Edited by Cait Sith

I feel you. I've never seen a bus go in a circle faster than that S62 going around the loop in the CSI entrance to ethier go to the ferry or travis. BTW what in the hell is TRAVIS?

Some neighborhood in staten island. Right next to the big piece of land. It's last stop is pointless...only serves a training facility, gym, car dealer, and the entrance to the dump.

image-6.jpg

I basically had this idea since I found out they were re-building the C40LF. But it came & went over & over and I never really acted on it until like yesterday lol. I got bored & started messing around with one of my paper bus RTS models & came up with this. This is a fictional, newer version of the NovaBus "RTS". A 2014 NovaBus RTS. I tried to make as much cosmetic changes as possible so it can be distinguished from the current RTS. It's not perfect but I'd say it came out pretty good.

Features include front wheelchair boarding just like low floor bus models. Only the 2014 RTS comes with stairs that pull a "transformer" and become a kneeling ramp that's accessible to the wheelchair passenger. This bus also comes with bigger front doors, though the line that connects the doors still bugs me a bit, bigger & more rectangular rear door & front door windows, the current scheme for new bus models inside & out. A new design for the back & LED headlights though the lights don't look changed. But I still have touches to make. Just wanted to show you what I have.

Edited by E For Erica

image-7.jpg

It looks a lil bit more different now lol. I replaced the wheels, cut down on the blue side strip a bit, & changed the color of the roof bolts or whatever.

This bus also comes with a Cummings engine/transmission but with a twist to give it that more modern sound to the more quiet transmission of today's buses. I'll post the audio for the transmission & make a moc for the interior in the future.

Some neighborhood in staten island. Right next to the big piece of land. It's last stop is pointless...only serves a training facility, gym, car dealer, and the entrance to the dump.

Why does the X11 even serve Travis? Unless security personnel take the bus (for the late night shift), I really don't see why it runs there. Just run the bus to Wild Avenue (the stop before the West Shore Expwy) and call it a day.

The Carteret Ferry used to run from the end of Victory Blvd in Travis(discontinued in the 1960's).

Why does the X11 even serve Travis? Unless security personnel take the bus (for the late night shift), I really don't see why it runs there. Just run the bus to Wild Avenue (the stop before the West Shore Expwy) and call it a day.

Some B/Os already do that. When they reach the expressway, they make the right onto the service road instead of traveling all the way down Victory Blvd.

Was on an LFS Artic today. And then an XD-40. Despite being an artic and being multiple times daily on Nostrand, the LFSA was like a damn tank. And then the XD-40... Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but the build quality is just night and day. NFI better get their shit together for their portion of that big order.

Was on an LFS Artic today. And then an XD-40. Despite being an artic and being multiple times daily on Nostrand, the LFSA was like a damn tank. And then the XD-40... Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but the build quality is just night and day. NFI better get their shit together for their portion of that big order.

It's ridiculous now. Community transit has to rebuild the window frames because they weren't placed properly and started falling apart. Fairfax connector Xcelsiors are breaking down too frequently. London transit Xcelsior hybrids are being sent to new flyer to repair the lifts on those buses. And lastly Brampton transits 40ft Xcelsiors are having problems where the bus just turns off while in service. I honestly think they are becoming a ripoff. Rushing production just for money.