BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's ridiculous now. Community transit has to rebuild the window frames because they weren't placed properly and started falling apart. Fairfax connector Xcelsiors are breaking down too frequently. London transit Xcelsior hybrids are being sent to new flyer to repair the lifts on those buses. And lastly Brampton transits 40ft Xcelsiors are having problems where the bus just turns off while in service. I honestly think they are becoming a ripoff. Rushing production just for money.

The LFR was much better but of course the MTA can't get any LFR style buses. It's sad to say the Novabus LFS's run much better but that could be because of the depot their in. ENY and UP don't care for the XD40's like they care for an RTS and most Queens, Bronx and Manhattan depots do a good job on their buses.

image-7.jpg

It looks a lil bit more different now lol. I replaced the wheels, cut down on the blue side strip a bit, & changed the color of the roof bolts or whatever.

This bus also comes with a Cummings engine/transmission but with a twist to give it that more modern sound to the more quiet transmission of today's buses. I'll post the audio for the transmission & make a moc for the interior in the future.

Not really that fictional. Millennium Transit was suppose to produce 90 new RTS buses for the MTA as a test fleet a few years ago. They were suppose to make 2 models, a high floor (for express use) and a low floor (local use). Both T-drive with cummins engines. If believe either Donate or Trevor photo shopped an image of one of the newer RTS's into the MTA's (new at the time) livery. It looked similar to your bus.

Not really that fictional. Millennium Transit was suppose to produce 90 new RTS buses for the MTA as a test fleet a few years ago. They were suppose to make 2 models, a high floor (for express use) and a low floor (local use). Both T-drive with cummins engines. If believe either Donate or Trevor photo shopped an image of one of the newer RTS's into the MTA's (new at the time) livery. It looked similar to your bus.

Whatever happened with Millennium Transit? I was very excited when they released pictures of new buses, but I haven't heard anything about them since. 

Whatever happened with Millennium Transit? I was very excited when they released pictures of new buses, but I haven't heard anything about them since. 

Bankruptcy I believe

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

As much as many of us like the venerable Rapid Transit Series, It's time to accept the fact that its time has ended, I'm sorry to say...

It will be missed... -_-

But trying to put it back in production in this day and age of low-floors is a bit of a waste.

Edited by Missabassi

Wow wish I saw the photo.

i see that the :bus_bullet_b25: was competing with the (A) shuttle bus for riders

Word. But the (A) shuttle won. That ish is free! I missed an empty C40LF because it passed me walking & I don't run for anything, so I caught a crowded one that came after. :/ Thank god that Next Gen passed me too lol

I managed to find said photoshopped photo!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/9766253@N05/8561725384/in/pool-1977799@N21

My bus looks better lol :)

What buses are being retired with that big order of XD40's and LFS's? Is MTA Bus getting buses because I'm assuming that if NYCT's 1996 RTS's go MTA Bus's will go too.

The 97' and/or 98'-99' RTS batch (maybe 99' Orion V's in the mix) will displace the 96' batch at MTA Bus. MTA Bus's order is a separate order which is yet to be known who will win that contract.

Edited by -CT1660-

The 97' and/or 98'-99' RTS batch (maybe 99' Orion V's in the mix) will displace the 96' batch at MTA Bus. MTA Bus's order is a separate order which is yet to be known who will win that contract.

If they take the option order (1300+ buses or some shit like that), then everything is going

If they take the option order (1300+ buses or some shit like that), then everything is going

That will be nice plus MTA Bus will still need newer Artics unless they will get those 02 and 03 D60's.

I was told BP will no longer be getting Artics but in my opinion they do especially for the Q64 which purposely runs two or three buses behind one another during rush hours because the first one is packed and the second one too. I just took it Saturday about 10PM and it left pack to the top level.

Whats "Park-Ride" on the X17?

Park-n-Ride or Park-Ride is basically driving your car to the place, and riding the bus from there, and vice versa. It's to garner car owners in a sense, and if you don't have a car, I suggest you don't get off.

The Outerbridge Park-n-Ride is also served by the X22A and X22 (some trips).

Is it okay to take pictures of buses outside the bus depot, instead of going in the actual depot? (<- That's considered tresspassing right?)

You're on public property, no biggie. If the security or whoever told you otherwise they're wrong, but usually as long as they're not trying to get me to delete my footage I'll usually cut it out because it's not worth dealing with the cops. The other day when I was taking some vids of the 7 train shuttles by Citifield this plainclothes guy with a weird looking badge (thinking it might've been a detective one) around his neck told me I couldn't take pictures of the buses, so I just got on the next bus and got the rest of my footage in Flushing since I had to go there anyways.

You're on public property, no biggie. If the security or whoever told you otherwise they're wrong, but usually as long as they're not trying to get me to delete my footage I'll usually cut it out because it's not worth dealing with the cops. The other day when I was taking some vids of the 7 train shuttles by Citifield this plainclothes guy with a weird looking badge (thinking it might've been a detective one) around his neck told me I couldn't take pictures of the buses, so I just got on the next bus and got the rest of my footage in Flushing since I had to go there anyways.

Okay because I usually go outside of Jamaica Depot and take pictures of whatever's outside of the depot. I like to go there on sunset!