BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's hundreds of MCI/Prevost buses running around...those days are dead and done

Well, local buses (diesels) appear on occasion on the expresses, so they aren't completely over, but as long as the CNG's don't run on the expresses, I'm good (or as long as I don't get an RTS on the QM24).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the length of the wheelchair lifts of the Orion Vs when deployed? How much room on the street would one of these need to fold out? 

More info on the Lift-U Solid Platform Lift, a common lift on accessible Orion V's: http://www.lift-u.com/products/liftsramps-for-transit/solidplatformlift-lu10/

Why are they putting chains on the buses so early? I thought that you shouldn't be using chains on dry pavement...

I think it's because if it starts snowing earlier and the bus doesn't have a chance to go to the depot to get chained up, the bus is prepared

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Serious Question: Do the chains actually make a positive difference for these things weighing 30,000 pounds? At that point, on a 40-footer, if you're losing traction I don't think it's an issue where chains are gonna help. I've been on them with chains and without during the first snowstorm back in January (guess Ulmer didn't get em all chained up in time), and the only "advantage" offered by the chains was awful rattling and low speed limit.

Serious Question: Do the chains actually make a positive difference for these things weighing 30,000 pounds? At that point, on a 40-footer, if you're losing traction I don't think it's an issue where chains are gonna help. I've been on them with chains and without during the first snowstorm back in January (guess Ulmer didn't get em all chained up in time), and the only "advantage" offered by the chains was awful rattling and low speed limit.

In deep snow, yes. Also a lot more predictability to travel, fewer quick jacknifes of artics.

6785 running for Manhattanville today.

I can't believe some LFS still have that ugly destination font. I saw 8088 and I was like oh they are around.

I can't believe 5141 still has JG stickers on it. On the side the Jamaica sticker is peeling off and you can see it. That bus has been at JA for a while I wonder when it left JG.

I can't believe some LFS still have that ugly destination font. I saw 8088 and I was like oh they are around.

I can't believe 5141 still has JG stickers on it. On the side the Jamaica sticker is peeling off and you can see it. That bus has been at JA for a while I wonder when it left JG.

The last time I saw it at JG was 2002...

Lol that destination font looks like a 3 year designed it. And Damm, I gotta see 5141. I saw 4917 on a Q54 school tripper when I was omw home from iHop lol. And yeah, I'm back in Queens :) Edited by E For Erica

Shit, why do they always have to F**K UP my favorite units!!

If they'd just stayed at Flatbush....

Right

LMFAO that caption...

4CDAF696-D4CC-4FED-9887-D42E3EFAF6EA.jpg

Idk what's worse. The pic, or the fact that you're following someone named "polo_foams_swagg". Lol jk.

I guess that's another 5000 to ECH :( See what happens when you give away your shit Flatbush.

Edited by E For Erica

Right

Idk what's worse. The pic, or the fact that you're following someone named "polo_foams_swagg". Lol jk.

I guess that's another 5000 to ECH :( See what happens when you give away your shit Flatbush.

That can be fixed. Now if the whole front was smashed then it will be scrapped since that bus is 14 years old.

The bus with the Jackie Gleason stickers is 5145. It was never replaced since it was borrowed for that one day in Brooklyn.

I thought it was 5145 but I forgot which one because 5141 was right behind it. It has a JA sticker on top of it that has almost peeled off.

The bus with the Jackie Gleason stickers is 5145. It was never replaced since it was borrowed for that one day in Brooklyn.

I thought it was 5145 but I forgot which one because 5141 was right behind it. It has a JA sticker on top of it that has almosted peeled off. Edited by NewFlyer 230

Two to be exact. They layover a block away. They always discharge at Sutphin Blvd, same goes for the 31 and 43.

146 is a block west of Sutphin. What I don't understand is why can't the Q25, 30, 31, 34, 43 and 65 say the same thing. Same for the short-turned Q6 and 60's.

146 is a block west of Sutphin. What I don't understand is why can't the Q25, 30, 31, 34, 43 and 65 say the same thing. Same for the short-turned Q6 and 60's.

The funny thing is that the 25/34/65 are the only routes along with the Archer Avenue Q60 that terminate at the spots they say they do on the signs. Don't know much about the Q6.

Though I have a question. When did they change the routing on the Q60 for it to go via Jamaica Avenue?

Sent from my Motorola Moto G.