BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed on some Jamaica RTS's and Orion VII NG's they play these announcements they you can hear from outside of the bus. They are usually like this. "This is a Q17 local to Jamaica" and then they will say transfers. I heard one on the Q3 saying this is a JFK bound Q3 and said the next stop. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I noticed on some Jamaica RTS's and Orion VII NG's they play these announcements they you can hear from outside of the bus. They are usually like this. "This is a Q17 local to Jamaica" and then they will say transfers. I heard one on the Q3 saying this is a JFK bound Q3 and said the next stop. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

sounds like an R100anything subway

Probably the recordings on the easyspeak.

Man, there are so many buses at E16 and Quentin for the (Q) local and express shuttles. I stood there for 10 minutes and counted an average of one bus every 45 seconds going through the intersection.

Also, it looks like they dumped all the spare buses onto the shuttles... RTS buses from B2/B7/B31/B82, C40LF from B68/B100, SBS Artics from B44SBS, and Orion V's from god-knows-where.

So the state is here on Division doing surprise inspections on the Chinabuses...let me tell you the Flushing van drivers are freaking out! They have a LuckyStar pulled over right now but there's a guy with a Nextel sitting in front of it I guess talking to the van guys and telling them to stay away, they're picking up around the corner. When they show up the driver SLAMS open the door and I guess says hurry up cause everyone starts running in and they aren't even collecting fares (guess they will when they get off). Goes to show how safe those vans really are, but hey they get you to Flushing in 20 minutes from here so f**k it lol.

So the state is here on Division doing surprise inspections on the Chinabuses...let me tell you the Flushing van drivers are freaking out! They have a LuckyStar pulled over right now but there's a guy with a Nextel sitting in front of it I guess talking to the van guys and telling them to stay away, they're picking up around the corner. When they show up the driver SLAMS open the door and I guess says hurry up cause everyone starts running in and they aren't even collecting fares (guess they will when they get off). Goes to show how safe those vans really are, but hey they get you to Flushing in 20 minutes from here so f**k it lol.

Those inspectors better not be dumb, they should just walk around the corner.

The B1 will have Limited servicr starting April 6th.

Source? It's not in the committee meeting materials and things like this usually show up there. There's another meeting Mar 24 but that seems like quite close for an April 6 start.

Edited by Amtrak7

Those inspectors better not be dumb, they should just walk around the corner.

This guy with the Nextel is just gonna tell the other drivers he moved and tell the people waiting where they are now. It's funny they don't notice him, or maybe they're just too focused on checking a brand new shiny LuckyStar Vanhool right now.

Well b/o's aren't upper management so I wouldn't trust them when it comes to stuff as new routes or new limiteds, as much as I want this I cant believe this until there is a schedule of some sort

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Edited by NYSubwayBuff