BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to get too o/t, but anything good at the auto show? Bugatti Veyron or something? :)

LOL... A Bugatti Veyron... LOL... I doubt they would make one just for display seeing how many parts are made by hand for the Bugatti. Not worth it when they specialize in custom made orders for the very wealthy. Those cars run a good $1 million dollars and up and take months to make.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

LOL... A Bugatti Veyron... LOL... I doubt they would make one just for display seeing how many parts are made by hand for the Bugatti. Not worth it when they specialize in custom made orders for the very wealthy. Those cars run a good $1 million dollars and up and take months to make.

There actually is a Veyron at the Auto Show, and it's a one-off edition at that, something like the GrandSport "Blanc." I think the dealer on 11th ave. brought it. There was a Veyron there last year too.

Edited by MHV9218

It's the auto show, they should have any types of cars there including concept cars. I remember seeing the Ford GT a few years ago, not that was a cool car.

Just had 662 on the Q32...I love old O5s and all, but that thing was on the crutches it got when its last legs fell off. B/O was thrashing it like crazy and whenever he hit the brakes there was this terrible crunching, sounded halfway between gears gnashing and that noise you get on the R142s when they brake too hard, sorta deep noise, not a squeak. Hard to describe it but it sure didn't sound good, luckily the DD50 was still running really strong.

Also had 5880 on the M101, I could get used to that. I'm a big fan of the LFSA.

Just had 662 on the Q32...I love old O5s and all, but that thing was on the crutches it got when its last legs fell off. B/O was thrashing it like crazy and whenever he hit the brakes there was this terrible crunching, sounded halfway between gears gnashing and that noise you get on the R142s when they brake too hard, sorta deep noise, not a squeak. Hard to describe it but it sure didn't sound good, luckily the DD50 was still running really strong.

It's pathetic that they're still running those things on the Q32 or anywhere else for that matter.

From the what you are describing, it sounds like the breaks just needed replacing. Did you hear any squeaks in the same area? Other than those, most of those old 600's are pretty damn good.

I'm also digging the LFSA's on Lex. Av.!!!! Im just ready to see them on the B44! Then I will have an excuse not to use the (2) Train!

It's pathetic that they're still running those things on the Q32 or anywhere else for that matter.

They gotta run them somewhere! lol

I think I know what you're talking about. I hear this noise on O5's a lot. Does it sound like the R142A breaking sounds? If it does than I heard of it. Its on a lot of O5's, most of the 6000's I rode have that sound.

Ok, then lets run them on express bus routes.

Edited by Casey Stengel

From the what you are describing, it sounds like the breaks just needed replacing. Did you hear any squeaks in the same area? Other than those, most of those old 600's are pretty damn good.

I'm also digging the LFSA's on Lex. Av.!!!! Im just ready to see them on the B44! Then I will have an excuse not to use the (2) Train!

They'd squeak until it got down to around five mph, and then from there till stopping the entire rear of the bus (it was the area above the rear axle) would shake real violently while the brakes made that crunching noise, never actually experienced that on an MTA bus before.

Oh yeah, waiting for those to bad boys to finally hit up Flatbush, even if we're well into 2013 by then. The B44 (and the B41!) need artics, and those LFSAs are good stuff.

I think I know what you're talking about. I hear this noise on O5's a lot. Does it sound like the R142A breaking sounds? If it does than I heard of it. Its on a lot of O5's, most of the 6000's I rode have that sound.

Yeah my best description is when the R142As have been braking for a while and then there's this low noise, I'll try to find a video, only thing is that the bunch shook with it which threw me.

Edit: like the noise in this video CS did, with a lot of shaking as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=foTwXY4r9V8

Edited by MHV9218

They gotta run them somewhere! lol

lol... The funny thing is you know they're old but some of them are in much better shape the Orions on Staten Island. Certainly cleaner I find overall. I was one on Friday on the Q32 that was tolerable which was surprising.

Ok, then lets run them on express bus routes.

Ha-ha... Very funny Mr. Stengel.

The people who expect every bus ever to stop at a clearly marked stop (as Vittorio mentioned) are also the people who try to get on a packed bus only to get pissed when the bus operator rolls away.

They have no concept of anything.

You know what really grinds my gears?? Old people...not in general. I'm talking about the ones that will get on an empty bus and go right past the "elderly and disabled" seats in the front to sit down in the single seats and block the aisle with their walker, or their shopping cart, or their million shopping bags.

Well to be fair, wouldn't you be pissed if you waited for a bus and you couldn't fit on?

For a second, but I wouldn't move towards it like I'd have a chance of getting on.

I'm referring to the people who move towards the door as if they're going to get on a crowded, filled beyond capacity bus and then get pissed after the bus operator pulls away.

Edited by Joel Up Front

I'm referring to the people who move towards the door as if they're going to get on a crowded, filled beyond capacity bus and then get pissed after the bus operator pulls away.

I'm not following here. You're angry that people who have waited a long time for a bus are trying to get on and are disappointed if they can't? Bus riders can be royal pains, but that's a completely legitimate thing to be annoyed about.