BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

It's the auto show, they should have any types of cars there including concept cars. I remember seeing the Ford GT a few years ago, not that was a cool car.

There actually is a Veyron at the Auto Show, and it's a one-off edition at that, something like the GrandSport "Blanc." I think the dealer on 11th ave. brought it. There was a Veyron there last year too.

The reason I say this is because I went to the last Auto Show back in 2011 and some of cars on display were clearly built like crap in terms of materials and quality. Very flimsy looking. That's why I had a hard time seeing them make a Bugatti for the show, as those are very costly to build.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The reason I say this is because I went to the last Auto Show back in 2011 and some of cars on display were clearly built like crap in terms of materials and quality. Very flimsy looking. That's why I had a hard time seeing them make a Bugatti for the show, as those are very costly to build.

OK, getting off topic...

OK, getting off topic...

Okay.

But they even had a Veyron there last year, if you remember. Cars like Chevrolet, the manufacturer builds them. But ever since 2008 or so, all exotic cars have been brought by dealerships (Manhattan Motorcars etc.), not the manufacturers. So it's not a car being built, it's a car for sale being put on display.

I've been noticing within the last couple of weeks, The BM1/BM2 buses are stopping the original checkpoint. Church and E.7th.

Maybe its b/c I've been catching the early bus into Manhattan that is ALL STOPS. I never really understood to why take eliminated the BM1/BM2 stop. It doesn't really make a difference to how the buses get to the prospect (IMO). The early AM BM2 5:20 and 5:50 out of Canarsie/Williams Ave, are packed too the brim, and I also think they need to Re-instate the East New York Service to Ashford to help out the BM5 (by request tho).

:huh:

I guess you never heard of folks having socks stuffed in their mouth... In your case dirty ones... :D

I've been noticing within the last couple of weeks, The BM1/BM2 buses are stopping the original checkpoint. Church and E.7th.

Maybe its b/c I've been catching the early bus into Manhattan that is ALL STOPS. I never really understood to why take eliminated the BM1/BM2 stop. It doesn't really make a difference to how the buses get to the prospect (IMO). The early AM BM2 5:20 and 5:50 out of Canarsie/Williams Ave, are packed too the brim, and I also think they need to Re-instate the East New York Service to Ashford to help out the BM5 (by request tho).

Parts in bold... I don't understand what you mean... :huh:

As for the packed to the brim comment, are they SRO are what is going on?? If so and it goes on for a while they may add a bus in there. We had that problem with an X12 at night which was SRO for a while and then they added a bus which made the frequencies every 20 minutes. As soon as the ridership dropped on that bus, the added bus was cut and they went back to the old set up.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Parts in bold... I don't understand what you mean... :huh:

As for the packed to the brim comment, are they SRO are what is going on?? If so and it goes on for a while they may add a bus in there. We had that problem with an X12 at night which was SRO for a while and then they added a bus which made the frequencies every 20 minutes. As soon as the ridership dropped on that bus, the added bus was cut and they went back to the old set up.

What I mean with that statement was that I've only noticed with the early 2 morning runs that are ALL STOPS on the BM2 with them stopping on E.7th checkpoint.

Been riding the B25 more and more recently, that line is filled with interesting buses. You ride the Manhattan buses and you forget how many great old buses are still left in the fleet, and ENY has a ton of them. There was some sort of fire on Fulton, had to take side streets which made the ride more interesting, and the bus was 8809 which ran well.

Also, are they getting rid of the BusTime ads on the B63 fleet? Starting to notice more and more of the 7560-7589 bunch wearing standard ads.

Edited by MHV9218

A bus operator on the Bx33 was removed from their bus this afternoon at Walnut Ave and 138st by a superintendent after being caught texting and driving. From what I heard, the bus operator was not fired on the spot. I also heard that he ran a red light while texting and almost struck a pedestrian. A friend of mine had to pick up his bus from 138st and Walnut Ave and operate it on the Bx36 which cause him to be late. Bus number was 7714. Goes to show that there are many idiots out there.

Off topic, but 7714's farebox malfunctioned later today.