BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

How is that possible? Everytime I'm by 34th st. all I see are NGs on the (M34) and (M16)? Do those buses have the time and the automated stops etc like the NGs do that they set up??

Sometimes There's also RTS'es on those routes. On my lasy day of spring break I caught a pic of one on the M34 route. But before that I think I saw one on the (M16) (sadly I don't have a picture of that unfortunately) :P but anyhoo here the one from the (M34):

IMAG0073.jpg

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wirelessly posted via (BlackBerry8520/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Took the M34 today, out of six buses only three were 3800s.

I rode 3800, but 6744, 3946, and 5232 were all also running on the M34.

Most likely, those were put-ins for rush hour. There's only 30 buses with GPS on them, and whenever one is down for repairs (or if a non-M16/M34 driver pulls it out), you'll see them

Cuz they know that you like that bus so they did to to see your reaction :P

actually because I think these buses have been stopped being repainted with the new scheme. Alot of buses out of LGA have been getting repainted, but only 4 have the new scheme.

btw I remember a few months ago someone photoshopped an RTS with the new scheme... I forgot who.

actually because I think these buses have been stopped being repainted with the new scheme. Alot of buses out of LGA have been getting repainted, but only 4 have the new scheme.

btw I remember a few months ago someone photoshopped an RTS with the new scheme... I forgot who.

I saw that on 3614 LGA when I was waiting for Rego Park-bound Q72 during traffic survey at Northern/Junction.

On the newer buses (i.e. the Orion VIIs and the Novabus LFSAs) there are announcements when the doors open and close. I know when the doors close the announcement is "Doors Closing", but for whatever reason I can't really make out the announcement when the doors are opening. Does anyone know what it is?

"Touch Yellow tape to open doors".

-----------------

9871 is the greatest CNG bus ever! if anybody has rode it, that Motor sounds great!

also, 3607 got repainted not just with the old scheme, but with the NYCT scheme!

Theres a difference between the OG MTA bus & NYCT bus schemes; the MTA bus one has more black paint around the back door (on the exterior), while the NYCT buses have white there. 3607 has white!!!

Just rode 6395, for whatever reason that bus has different windows than the other O7s. The windows open all the way, as in you can slide them back to where one piece completely overlaps another. If you can picture that, the windows open about two-three feet back. Discovered that leaning to push out the window and almost falling out of the bus...!

Well at least the Orion VII OG's have slide open windows however for some reaosn the NG's don't. I wish they did though since the B/O's don't tend to turn on the A/C when needed at times.

Anyhoo my story fo rthe past week:

Both NovaBus RTS #9660 & Orion V #640 both shut off on me along with other passengers even though they were restarted over & moved on. I wonder if it was due to releasing the air-pressure too much to while the bus was kneeling.