BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's my Martin Luther style list of faults with the hyshits:

1) Their shit ISBs vibrate the whole bus like goddamn jackhammers. Almost all of them have this issue where at idle the bus vibrates at a very low, very annoying frequency. It's extra annoying and bad on some of them, rendering any sort of headphones useless. None of the diesel or CNG buses suffer from anything remotely close to this.

2) They're somehow the loudest buses other than RTSes. Smaller engine that runs at mostly stable RPMs, and yet just the plain old engine noise is obnoxious. It's not even a grunty engine noise, it's just a loud drone.

3) They combine the disadvantages of internal combustion and electric propulsion.

4) The low end acceleration is great, and then nothing.

Can't wait for real electric buses. Proterra's new 42.5-foot model looks nice, but I doubt it's passing the MTA's shaker test any time soon.

There's this one Ulmer Park express operator who always has his Prevost sign changed, a few days ago during rush hour I saw it say Bx9 Bronx Zoo, then today I saw it say LIRR Train to Hempstead. Why lol?

Ik who your talking about the guy does a run on the B1 first last time I asked him to change the sign to B69 (Y'all know why ;) )

For the next week delivery of 4 pilot bus of New Flyer XD40 in August of when? ( which date )... Will the pilot bus service number will start with 0021 ( only example that bus number ) only for pilot bus .... I am 100% sure New Flyer XD40 4  pilot bus will be delivered at Zerega Avenue Depot... August 1 is on Next Friday.

For the next week delivery of 4 pilot bus of New Flyer XD40 in August of when? ( which date )... Will the pilot bus service number will start with 0021 ( only example that bus number ) only for pilot bus .... I am 100% sure New Flyer XD40 4 pilot bus will be delivered at Zerega Avenue Depot... August 1 is on Next Friday.

The buses are suppose to come next month but no one knows when because it's up to New Flyer when they want to send the buses (they wanna make sure the buses are ready to go, etc). No they will not start with 0021 etc, these 4 XD40s are not demo buses, their pilots (the beginning of an order, usually goes through testing). Do whatever the fleet numbers of the XD40s will be, then those 4 will start it off.

And I want the B35 to actually come on time...we all can't get what we want...

Unless you're talking about late night/early morning hours, It's news to me that anyone seeking the B35 actually cares about buses coming on time.... So many come in one shot rather frequently during most of the day, you won't even know which bus is late or, on time :lol:

Unless you're talking about late night/early morning hours, It's news to me that anyone seeking the B35 actually cares about buses coming on time.... So many come in one shot rather frequently during most of the day, you won't even know which bus is late or, on time :lol:

Lol I don't take the 35 as much as I used to (I usually hop on the (3) nowadays), just for when I visit family in Sheepshead or go to Target in the junction. You would think since I live at the end of the line, they would correct themselves to a degree...

You'll see them come up to 5 in a bunch to the terminal to the point where they all can't fit. 2 of them would be out of service, one would get placed down the line by the dispatcher, one leaving right away, and there's that one bus that actually gets to the terminal early. Then a gap and the process repeats itself.

At least I can get a seat on the bus tho lol

Edited by Fresh Pond

The irony...

I honestly though Charleston would do the X21 (Yukon is already to capacity, AFAIC). Charleston seemed to also have space for it.

Charleston doesn't have the space for it. Castleton has more space for it than Yukon and Charleston. It was given to Castleton because they only have 3 express routes to operate.

The funny thing about this is that they don't want the work!

I don't understand how Charleston doesnt have room..that depots huge. But idk how it is internally, Castleton is a workhorse..covering for Yukon and Charleston all the time, with all those routes etc. I give em props, they work and their buses move!

It's not that huge, trust me. I've been in and out of it.

It was mostly given to Castleton because of the fact that they only operate 3 exp routes. Charleston already has a super and Yukon has trouble making service.

Edited by Cait Sith

Is CS suppose to get XD60's because I saw a Gun Hill bus 4750 in Flushing Main Street heading down the Q44/20's route towards Jamaica. It had about 5 ppl and they were not MTA staff because they were not wearing any uniforms just normal people sitting anywhere on the bus some on their iPhone's. The bus did not say the Q44 and had just NYCT BUS. It did not pick up anyone but was just heading down the Q44's route. So does anyone know what an XD60 would be doing in Queens on Main street along the Q44's route?

Is CS suppose to get XD60's because I saw a Gun Hill bus 4750 in Flushing Main Street heading down the Q44/20's route towards Jamaica. It had about 5 ppl and they were not MTA staff because they were not wearing any uniforms just normal people sitting anywhere on the bus some on their iPhone's. The bus did not say the Q44 and had just NYCT BUS. It did not pick up anyone but was just heading down the Q44's route. So does anyone know what an XD60 would be doing in Queens on Main street along the Q44's route?

Mechanics or heading to the vendor for work.