BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just what I said.... If ridership was there, there would be more BM5's, but it isn't.  Can't be any more clearer than that.  <_<

And that's why I said IF ridership was there, that they would be combined trips (kinda like the QM1/QM5 during the evening hours and the X17/22 during midday hours), because the 15 isn't that full during those times as to have two buses like that.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Speaking of Bx24, is it always a Next-Gen running on that line? I never see a Orion 5 out on that route

Yeah. It's usually is. Never seen an Orion 5 on there. Probably due to the 26, 28, 30, 34 and 38 using most of those. Even the 29 had an Orion 5 on it last week.

Yeah. It's usually is. Never seen an Orion 5 on there. Probably due to the 26, 28, 30, 34 and 38 using most of those. Even the 29 had an Orion 5 on it last week.

The Bx29 using a Orion V isn't rare AT ALL. There's always one on the Bx29 everyday. Same with the Bx24. It uses one a lot of times.

The Bx29 using a Orion V isn't rare AT ALL. There's always one on the Bx29 everyday. Same with the Bx24. It uses one a lot of times.

I've never seen it on the 24. I got a couple of shots of it on the 29. 6096.

Try getting an Orion V on the Bx15. There's about 2 runs each PM rush around 2-5 that use an Orion from Kingsbridge.

I'm just asking because I never had one and I wanna make sure. If your unlimited metrocard expires July 31st. It's good to use the day it expires right?

It'll expire at 11:59PM on the 31st.

Edited by Cait Sith

Ok good. Thanks.

It'll expire at 11:59PM on the 31st.

Yes, to be on the safe side that's correct, though you may be given an additional few minutes or so.  For that reason, I NEVER take a 00:00 express bus anywhere if I don't want my express bus pass that I'm starting to be counted for the previous day.

Yes, to be on the safe side that's correct, though you may be given an additional few minutes or so. For that reason, I NEVER take a 00:00 express bus anywhere if I don't want my express bus pass that I'm starting to be counted for the previous day.

Yeah I'll make sure.

As I've been riding the B1 lately, ridership is just skyrocketing so f**kinn fast. Every bus is getting packed and now buses are running in twos both packed. I hate it cause Xcelsiors wanna bypass me and I can't even get a seat when I get on.

A limited is coming, I know it, they'll figure out a way.

Yeah I'll make sure.

As I've been riding the B1 lately, ridership is just skyrocketing so f**kinn fast. Every bus is getting packed and now buses are running in twos both packed. I hate it cause Xcelsiors wanna bypass me and I can't even get a seat when I get on.

A limited is coming, I know it, they'll figure out a way.

I don't know why the B1 can't get artics?  UP doesn't have any though and I suppose their depot can't handle them?  They lost some express bus service so they should have some sort of space...

Just wondering:

Remember the ex.New York Bus Service MCIs (7423-7428), didnt they go to College Point from Spring Creek?

College Point did have them for a little bit before they were sent back to Spring Creek.

Edited by MTA Bus

I've been trying to catch that bus for the past week, no success.

u can look up the bus #'s online, just a tip

5yBiqBN.jpg

What a nice surprise.

that bus was actually on the BM3 for a short-time in the AM, going all stops and back to brooklyn

Forreal? Lmaoo no more RTS, crazy era about to be gone. Do you know who it was that won? If they took it...

The contract is going to be awarded next year, but it'll most likely be a split order between Nova Bus & New Flyer like the main order. The buses from that batch will be coming in slowly after all negotiations are done.