BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

So someone posted on Facebook (which he himself got from Gold_12th from Subchat) about the changes to the upcoming bus orders...

-Instead of 690 buses in the primary order, it got a 72 bus boost to 762 total buses. No one knows who getting the extra buses.

-The option order of 700 buses has been dropped by 72 to a total of 628 in the option order. Still no word on who is getting this one.

-The 256 bus artic order will lose 25 buses for a total of 231 buses on the primary order. Order pushed back again to the winter.

-The artic option order will gain 25 buses for a total of 300 buses.

The Orion Vs are crapping out faster than they can be replaced so they want them gone first.

...take it however you want, just passing the news along

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the Meeting Booklet:

http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/pdf/150120_1030_transit-bus.pdf

Express:

X17 receiving 20 minute headways on Saturdays throughout the day (good, those buses carry almost SRO loads to the city itself at 3 PM, until the evening. Now if they can slightly extend the hours of operation in the evening)

Specifically, the headways and start times should be as follows on Saturdays:

To Manhattan

05:00 - 06:00 : 30 minutes

06:00 - 10:00 : 20 minutes

10:00 - 17:00 : 30 minutes

17:00 - 20:00 : 60 minutes

To Staten Island

07:00 - 08:00 : 60 minutes

08:00 - 15:00 : 30 minutes

15:00 - 19:00 : 20 minutes

19:00 - 22:00 : 30 minutes

22:00 - 24:00 : 60 minutes

Edited by 161passenger

So someone posted on Facebook (which he himself got from Gold_12th from Subchat) about the changes to the upcoming bus orders...

-Instead of 690 buses in the primary order, it got a 72 bus boost to 762 total buses. No one knows who getting the extra buses.

-The option order of 700 buses has been dropped by 72 to a total of 628 in the option order. Still no word on who is getting this one.

-The 256 bus artic order will lose 25 buses for a total of 231 buses on the primary order. Order pushed back again to the winter.

-The artic option order will gain 25 buses for a total of 300 buses.

The Orion Vs are crapping out faster than they can be replaced so they want them gone first.

...take it however you want, just passing the news along

Keep the Orion V's for as long as possible! They are part of a New York tradition

Honestly if is a change in the base order, Both Flyer and Nova will is an increase buses.

Not exactly, New Flyer could build all 72, or NovaBus could build all 72. Or even do a 36-36 split, who knows

Keep the Orion V's for as long as possible! They are part of a New York tradition

They are becoming a dangerous hazard on the road...

M35 is all artic today besides that,

is it me or is that whenever I get on that route, some people waiting for it just walk past the farebox and sits down when there is one dipping in their metro card?

M35 serves a homeless shelter on the Island, I read that ppl are allowed to farebeat on that route.

They have a 93 Orion in the museum fleet, hopefully at least one of the 99 Orions are in good enough shape to be saved for the museum fleet as well. I'm gonna miss them as well, those 6000s are my favorite Orions in the city.

Not exactly, New Flyer could build all 72, or NovaBus could build all 72. Or even do a 36-36 split, who knows

They are becoming a dangerous hazard on the road...

Was saying they would  both get an increase in buses because the Base order was split 60/40 Between Nova & Flyer.

However, I would be overjoyed if Flyer gets all of the 72 buses. 

Edited by B22viaAtlanticAv

Yeah everyone's gonna be like "oh the Bee Lines are 18 and still here why are the 6000s going"...remember they were at BEE LINE most of their life and Liberty Lines takes VERY good care of their buses. The 6000s were here their whole lives and for the most part not at our best depots either.

Yeah everyone's gonna be like "oh the Bee Lines are 18 and still here why are the 6000s going"...remember they were at BEE LINE most of their life and Liberty Lines takes VERY good care of their buses. The 6000s were here their whole lives and for the most part not at our best depots either.

Those are going too, most are gone already

Seems like they redoing Van Sinderen Av in front of Broadway Junction station. The northbound direction is closed, the B20 and Q24 continue down Fulton St (using the B25 stop), make a right on Eastern Pkwy, and a left onto Broadway.

Buses using the southbound side of the street in front of the station are unaffected by this. May be permanent, they got that tan crap down in the street like they gonna make it into a pedestrian plaza

Yep, in Queens too, but they reinstated

Look at the Q38 (THEY RUN ON 30 minute headways)

Another bus running in the opposite direction only.

All expresses in the Bronx are suspended except for the BxM6 and BxM7.

There's also extremely limited service on the X10 right now (2 bunched buses towards Pt Richmond are the only ones in service).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

It's not even that bad outside (IMO not enough to just flat out stop bus service like that), I wish someone could call the MTA out on why *all* bus service had to be suspended in an entire borough (assuming the alert is true, which looking at Bustime it may have been, for instance there's only 2 Bx12 buses out and theyre both coming from Pelham Bay. nothing at all from Sedgwick.)

I found that the last snowstorm (2 inches of snow, but still) was worse, but since it was a workday, they kept it going. I think they got lazy on a lazy Sunday morning. Then again, you cant see black ice, so IDK...

Edited by paulrivera