BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 4:30 PM QM18 from Manhattan just reached Rockaway Blvd. Goo lord, conditions are horrible

Seeing the bunched buses on the higher used routes is something else though. There's like 3 clusters of 3,4, and 5 buses together on different portions of the route (on the QM2).

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

The 4:30 PM QM18 from Manhattan just reached Rockaway Blvd. Goo lord, conditions are horrible

Seeing the bunched buses on the higher used routes is something else though. There's like 3 clusters of 3,4, and 5 buses together on different portions of the route (on the QM2).

It took almost 2 hours to get home... Got the 16:05 express bus, which got slammed with people... The next bus caught up to us...

Why does it seem like the Q25 is the only line running. I just saw one pass 15 minutes ago and there is one almost to Jamaica Ave. I checked many other routes busy ones such as the B15, Q10, Q44, M15, B44 and there is nothing. This is very interesting!

It's all random given how messed up the shutdown was. 3951 on the M3 will be out there for ages, not even at 8th St. downtown yet.

With the lifting of the travel ban, all nine MTA Bridge & Tunnel facilities are now open to passenger vehicular traffic.

Service remains suspended on MTA Long Island Rail Road, MTA Metro-North Railroad, MTA NYC Transit Bus and Subway Service -- including Staten Island Railway (SIR).  Assessments on the bus, rail and subway network are being performed. 

Source: http://alert.mta.info

Just heard on the channel 11 news that the travel ban is supposed to be lifted..... The buses, along with LIRR is supposed to have some service restored, but nothing was mentioned about MNRR....

LOL@Channel 11.. Should've listened to Fox 5... Had the update from the governor and the (MTA)... Sunday service for PATH, LIRR and MNRR and local and express buses... Service will SLOWLY be brought to Sunday level completely by 12:00 today.

LOL@Channel 11.. Should've listened to Fox 5... Had the update from the governor and the (MTA)... Sunday service for PATH, LIRR and MNRR and local and express buses... Service will SLOWLY be brought to Sunday level completely by 12:00 today.

*shrugs*

TV was last left on channel 11, so I simply turned the TV on..... Didn't go seeking channel 11 specifically....

So the QM15 and BM5 wont run today...

Off to the hourly Q67!

Not surprising.....

Good luck trekking on a route that runs through areas where you won't see much snow being shoveled along..... I've been there, done that w/ that route.....

Not surprising.....

Good luck trekking on a route that runs through areas where you won't see much snow being shoveled along..... I've been there, done that w/ that route.....

Yep, especially the portion from Grand Avenue to Maurice Avenue, that's almost exclusively hills. 

In other words, only the BxM2-9, BxM11 (in terms of express buses) are running.

Edit: BxM1, BxM10, X1, X17 now running,

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven