BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's almost like you feel the power in the turn. Standing passangers gotta push off the glass lol

The bus isn't gonna tip over. It's possible but when's the last time that happened ??

You gotta hit a turn at a Very high speed for that bus tip over, and even then It might not do it!!!! I'v made C40s and Orion VIIs lean and lemme tell you, them top heavy badboys WILL make you think they gonna tip over, but the won't

The worst things go through my mind when a bus starts leaning lmao

man, THAT is a rush for me LMAO!!! I love every bit of it!

Did you ever get a chance to drive those RTS CNGs? Damn, you talk about tilting on those things! Even at 10mph at a corner, hang on lol!

And I WISH I had the chance to drive those!! I really woulda been no good lol

Did you ever get a chance to drive those RTS CNGs? Damn, you talk about tilting on those things! Even at 10mph at a corner, hang on lol!

nah but some of those Orion V and Orion VII CNG's tilt like crazy...I remember the first time that happened to me I was making the turn on 136 Street and Lincoln Avenue in Mott Haven...I thought I hopped the curb lol

Did any of ya do a school run or any run and stop short ... just to play around. Like such a hard stop everyone in the isle just went onto your windshield lol

Why would you ask that? That's a safety concern. You think I'm gonna stop short, for fun, and risk having someone get hurt just so they can pull me out of service for 3 days (or more) to do a fitness code and investigate the issue? Nah my man... You can have that shit.

Ohh ok so C40 it is !! Those things lag !!

I Like the new fleet those things are rad . It's like the C40 just fresher lol. Anyone did a run on the new NEW Flyers yet ??

The Old C40s is where it's at!!!! Yes, there are some slow ones but for the most part, they runthey asses off!!! The new ones are good too, but there are some flaws with them!

RTS ?? Really ?? That's wussup !! Does it have the Govenor on it ??

ENY's RTSes are beasts! Not sure if it has the governor, haven't ridden it in a while but I always see 9047 ripping it on Fulton. For an old bus it's got a lotta life left in it.

Did any of ya do a school run or any run and stop short ... just to play around. Like such a hard stop everyone in the isle just went onto your windshield lol

I remember back in 7th grade that bus driver used to do it... never saw him ever since.

wait... I think he stopped short because those stupid kids would all lean on the back door. then again other times the bus driver would stop short just to make everybody go "whoa!" :lol:

I remember back in 7th grade that bus driver used to do it... never saw him ever since.

wait... I think he stopped short because those stupid kids would all lean on the back door. then again other times the bus driver would stop short just to make everybody go "whoa!" :lol:

Once on the M10 allegedly somebody leaned on the back door release trigger, and the bus came to an immediate halt and I banged my head on the windshield. The B/O kept telling people that the bus does it automatically, and she didn't do anything but people kept yelling at her and one person suggested I sue the MTA...

I remember once the bus was coming up to a camera light, and he tried to make it through the intersection, but then at the last second, he slammed on the brake. (And there were a lot of schoolkids, but it wasn't a tripper or anything). I thought that at the speed he was going, he could've easily made it through the intersection (I think the light had just turned yellow when he stopped), and it was riskier to stop short, since there were a decent number of standees. It's one of the few times I was really glad I held onto the pole.

I assume the B/Os get tickets just like regular drivers, right? I think they should get at least a little bit of leeway, considering that they have a schedule to keep and all the special circumstances that other drivers don't have to deal with.

I assume the B/Os get tickets just like regular drivers, right? I think they should get at least a little bit of leeway, considering that they have a schedule to keep and all the special circumstances that other drivers don't have to deal with.

Actually they are harder on B/O's because if they get in an accident, there are alot of people on the bus that could potentially get injured.

On a side note, I thought I was going to see an LFS on the S44 today. I was waiting at Forest & Richmond, and saw one coming down Morningstar Road, but it turned out to be "Not In Service". The real S44 was right behind it (an O7).

I like the O7s better, but it would've still been interesting to ride an LFS down Richmond Avenue (I've seen them as trippers but never actually rode one).