BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I seen at least 3 artics on the Bx2 from Mott haven to Lincoln Hospital. Maybe artics are still around today, but it's kinda like half and half.

Then again, I saw no artics on the Bx19 so it might be me.

Well it's mostly 40 footers on the M101/102/103. One NG on the M86, one OG on the M15 local.

I seen at least 3 artics on the Bx2 from Mott haven to Lincoln Hospital. Maybe artics are still around today, but it's kinda like half and half.

Then again, I saw no artics on the Bx19 so it might be me.

The Bx1/2 is all artics right now. A bus or 2 (or 3) but they running

Two Midtown QM15's bunched right now around the LIE. To make matter worse, one of them is a hybrid. Anyone out there wanna catch that, fine with me (I just got home, don't need to see anymore BS today).

Hybrid on the QM15, awesome! Its like the dispatchers are paying homage to the PBL when hard seat buses would randomly run on the express routes.

Hybrid on the QM15, awesome! Its like the dispatchers are paying homage to the PBL when hard seat buses would randomly run on the express routes.

I've caught one before, so I'm good. Besides, the weather is horrible, and it is the nighttime (where my camera isn't the best at night in taking pics). 

I'm guessing it's safe to say 9625 is retired now.

Not as of yet. Just know for one thing. UP has a good amount of loaners from Fresh Pond, Grand and Flatbush until their allotment of 71xx buses come in and/or their maintenance of buses are in good shape. Most of the loaners have their Home Depots plastered rather than switched to Ulmer Park. Only ones that transferred to UP are 4945,4946 and 4960 all from FB to UP with decals. 4953 returned back to FB.

so 5002 returned back to Flatbush from Ulmer Park. Most transferred to Ulmer Park where there for about a week then back to its regular depot 

Also, the Q17 is bunched up, no buses between Kissena Blvd and Horace Harding Epwy to Hillside/188 Av

Edited by Calvin

The MTA really needs to provide better service. There is no way in the world that 7 Q25's should arrive bunched up during the 4PM hour. Unbelievable they were all packed except for the last two which were SRO. Since the Q17 was bunched up which is no surprise everyone got on the Q25. On the other side at Queens College going towards Flushing had a very long line. Like WTF is bad weather a huge excuse to run bus service like pure crap. For the most part major stress were clean traffic was a little backed up in near the college but nothing to cause a huge bunching. There were no Q25's going towards Jamaica earlier after Flushing. The 7 buses were around Flushing so that means that there were no buses for well over 30 minutes. What I never understood is why doesn't the MTA better prepare so these situations. As an example from the situation I gave above why couldn't the MTA have a Q17 or Q25 start at the Horace Harding Expressway going towards Jamaica instead of having people wait for 7 packed buses which there was no Q17 insight. Everyday I always say that Queens College should have more than one school tripper going to Flushing and today the line was very long. A bus finally came but it was a packed Q25 LTD and nothing else.

Is it hard to place buses where it's really needed? The Q25 was planned for SBS but what is that really going to solve. I feel like SBS in certain cases is a cheap way for the MTA to say that we are improving service and we care which is evident on the M34 and the S79 to a certain extent. There is no wonder why Queens College now has shuttle service to Jamaica and Flushing and the fact that there are so many dollar vans in various parts of the city. The crap service the MTA provides where it's needed the most drives people away and that's why the Q17 has lost a bunch of ridership since 2011.

so 5002 returned back to Flatbush from Ulmer Park. Most transferred to Ulmer Park where there for about a week then back to its regular depot 

Also, the Q17 is bunched up, no buses between Kissena Blvd and Horace Harding Epwy to Hillside/188 Av

With exception of 4945, 4946 and 4960

Spotted 4945 on Glenwood & Flatbush this evening with UP decals. So apparently those 3 are still there.

Those 3 buses may head back within a few days. UP is starting to get their allotment of 71xx buses.

Will UP also get 72xx buses? or that part will go to Grand Avenue

I forget, is 4630 an RTS, Orion, or an XD40? So many bus models in the 4000's range...

On another note, there's multiple XD60's on the SBS Bx12. Must be some LFSA's helping out up in Westchester too.

And if anyone's in Manhattan, can someone check if 1002 is really on the M15 SBS like bustime alleges?

Edited by paulrivera

I forget, is 4630 an RTS, Orion, or an XD40? So many bus models in the 4000's range...

On another note, there's multiple XD60's on the SBS Bx12. Must be some LFSA's helping out up in Westchester too.

And if anyone's in Manhattan, can someone check if 1002 is really on the M15 SBS like bustime alleges?

1) 4630 is a Orion VII Next Gen hybrid. Their numbers range from 3800-4272 and 4330-4702.

2) There are always XD60's on the Bx12 +Select, and yes there are some MTA buses in that shuttle.

3) 1002 Showing up on the M15 +SBS is just a glitch from BusTime. Its been happening lately since the Local and SBS were split up.

1) 4630 is a Orion VII Next Gen hybrid. Their numbers range from 3800-4272 and 4330-4702.

2) There are always XD60's on the Bx12 +Select, and yes there are some MTA buses in that shuttle.

3) 1002 Showing up on the M15 +SBS is just a glitch from BusTime. Its been happening lately since the Local and SBS were split up.