BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I forget, is 4630 an RTS, Orion, or an XD40? So many bus models in the 4000's range...

On another note, there's multiple XD60's on the SBS Bx12. Must be some LFSA's helping out up in Westchester too.

And if anyone's in Manhattan, can someone check if 1002 is really on the M15 SBS like bustime alleges?

4000-4200s...NGs

4300-4329...MCIs

4330-4702...more NGs

4703-4709...renumbered D60s (not all used tho)

4710-4799...XD60s

4800-4899...XD40s

4900-4999...RTS

Shit, you're right lol

There's been Xcelsiors there too, and IIRC QV Buses too.

Interesting.... Only going off of what I have seen on the news, but when shuttle service was run previously on the Harlem line, I've always seen MCIs used, even when they've done shuttle service for Tremont and Melrose up to the Fordham station.

Not sure if mentioned or shown before, but this is the latest from the M86 SBS:

http://www.nyc.gov/html/brt/downloads/pdf/2014-10-14-brt-86thstreet-cb7-presentation.pdf

I don't use the M86 often but when I do, it sure does seem pretty slow, even on a Sunday morning.  I was kind of surprised at the heavy usage it gets, but I think off-board fare collection will help the route a lot.

I don't use the M86 often but when I do, it sure does seem pretty slow, even on a Sunday morning. I was kind of surprised at the heavy usage it gets, but I think off-board fare collection will help the route a lot.

It is a slow route. So slow, I actually pasted the route a few times when I walk on 86 Street.

Why doesn't the M86 go all the way to Riverside Dr instead of West End ave?

My guess is because that part of Riverside Drive is very exclusive and wealthy. If you're living on Riverside Drive you're usually trying to show how wealthy you are and keep up appearances, which certainly does NOT include taking the M86.  :lol: Now don't get me wrong, you have the Madison Avenue types that use the local buses mainly because they want to appear to be amongst the common folks, but it's kind of like having a bus running on Park Avenue in the exclusive Upper East Side... Not happening.  My boss has a penthouse on the Upper East Side and takes the local bus along Madison and 5th, mainly to fit in and because parking would be too much of a hassle.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8