BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

Another bus accident

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/03/30/14-injured-in-mta-bus-accident-in-canarsie/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Fourteen people were injured, two seriously, in a bus accident in Brooklyn, according to authorities.

The accident occurred just before 9 a.m. Monday in Canarsie.

A B6 bus was struck by a vehicle that ran a stop sign at Glenwood Road and East 102nd Street, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

The patients were taken to Brookdale and Kings County Hospitals.

We will provide more information on this developing story as soon as it becomes available.

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another bus accident

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/03/30/14-injured-in-mta-bus-accident-in-canarsie/

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork/AP) – Fourteen people were injured, two seriously, in a bus accident in Brooklyn, according to authorities.

The accident occurred just before 9 a.m. Monday in Canarsie.

A B6 bus was struck by a vehicle that ran a stop sign at Glenwood Road and East 102nd Street, according to the Metropolitan Transportation Authority.

The patients were taken to Brookdale and Kings County Hospitals.

We will provide more information on this developing story as soon as it becomes available.

You know what's going to happen with that stop sign now... A nice light will be put there to slow down traffic even more.  It couldn't be that it was just a reckless driver.  Punish everyone that does heed the stop sign...

You know what's going to happen with that stop sign now... A nice light will be put there to slow down traffic even more. It couldn't be that it was just a reckless driver. Punish everyone that does heed the stop sign...

I rather have a stop light because sometimes you have these random a**holes that come out of nowhere even though you looked both ways. Hell, they don't even look at the stop sign most times. They just go like the sign doesn't exist.

I rather have a stop light because sometimes you have these random a**holes that come out of nowhere even though you looked both ways. Hell, they don't even look at the stop sign most times. They just go like the sign doesn't exist.

This is true.  I'm all for safety, but I think the issue is that it can be taken out of proportion. I feel as if the city is doing everything possible to deter people from driving, and it doesn't help that the reckless a-holes out here and making it bad for everyone else.

You know what's going to happen with that stop sign now... A nice light will be put there to slow down traffic even more.  It couldn't be that it was just a reckless driver.  Punish everyone that does heed the stop sign...

I drive through that area everyday.

There is no need to put a light there at all.

It is the responsibility of the driver that is approaching East 102nd Street and observe the stop sign first

than if traffic is clear. If clear of traffic proceed to make a right turn on Glenwood or proceed straight on East 102nd.

Luckily no school kids were hurt.

This is true.  I'm all for safety, but I think the issue is that it can be taken out of proportion. I feel as if the city is doing everything possible to deter people from driving, and it doesn't help that the reckless a-holes out here and making it bad for everyone else.

I drive through that area everyday.

There is no need to put a light there at all.

It is the responsibility of the driver that is approaching East 102nd Street and observe the stop sign first

than if traffic is clear. If clear of traffic proceed to make a right turn on Glenwood or proceed straight on East 102nd.

Luckily no school kids were hurt.

This is a case where I hope they put a cop by the stop sign to catch the people who blow right past it. I've seen them do it in Queens after bad accidents and it seems to work pretty well for a while 

What's the best time to catch a Bee-Line Orion V out of Eastchester on the Q50? or Bx23?

mostly Bx23, but the best location to get it is at Co-Op City and there is only 1-2 active in service

Edited by Calvin

This is a case where I hope they put a cop by the stop sign to catch the people who blow right past it. I've seen them do it in Queens after bad accidents and it seems to work pretty well for a while

This one here I can agree with. I'm also for safety. However, if a driver doesn't pay attention to that stop sign as we all a California Roll

This is where the accident comes in.