BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I got the chance to take a ride on the Bx23 and it was a Bee-Line Orion V! Got to ride 'em one last time before they retire this weekend. So happy I got one final ride on the greatest bus the New York Area ever had. Those buses were my childhood. RIP 1996-2015

Kissena Blvd was a COMPLETE MESS this afternoon. Some stupid Christans think they can just gather up to do a parade and clog up buses and important streets. 7 buses bunched up. Neither the dispatcher or the B/Os knew what to do.

Took me one hour to get home from Main St to Melbourne Av when it should've took 15-20 minutes.

Kissena Blvd was a COMPLETE MESS this afternoon. Some stupid Christans think they can just gather up to do a parade and clog up buses and important streets. 7 buses bunched up. Neither the dispatcher or the B/Os knew what to do.

Took me one hour to get home from Main St to Melbourne Av when it should've took 15-20 minutes.

Don't say negative things about a religion on a public thread because you might offend some people.

It's rather interesting that buses were running on that road when this occurred. Was this parade known about ahead of time? I wonder, were there any police involved? Edited by NewFlyer504

Not trying to be antagonistic, but what's the point? Any other day if it happened, would it be different? Especially given that Friday was a "holiday" to a whole lot of the public. But let's let it drop, and be classified as just an observation on your part. Still shaking my head, though...

Just saying what I'm thinking, just like you did.

Wow a 1970's bus stop sign because they were replaced in the late 80's with the sign on the left. Was this sign just standing there all these years and where was the location of that old sign.

I saw that sign from my Bx8.It was on the corner of Throgs Neck Expy & Randall Av. The funny thing about the 70s sign is that I looked on Google street view to see when it was last up and the view from October 2014 shows only the 80s bus stop sign in the same spout i found the 70s sign and the view from August 2012 shows none of the signs any where.

I would have taken that Fishbowl-era sign home with me! You know the DOT is definitely just going to throw it away.

I did

There's not one RTS out from Flatbush Depot today..

Enough with the false information. It's starting to get very annoying.

4947, 4958, 5004, and 5044 are among the few that have seen service today and are currently IN service. There are more routes other than the B41, 44 and 46 to check out.....

Edited by Cait Sith

Don't say negative things about a religion on a public thread because you might offend some people.

I'm not saying that Christians are stupid. I'm saying that these particular Christians are being annoying and not using thier brains.

It's rather interesting that buses were running on that road when this occurred. Was this parade known about ahead of time? I wonder, were there any police involved?

Police were involved. There was a Q65 that turned onto the bus stop when the parade suddenly appeared. The police was like, nope! You're not going till these people are out (which took like 10 minutes).

Bus ridership seems so light today, who knew the student population contributed so much to bus crowding... Or maybe I was on the tail end of buses bunching?

Just saw 174 on the Bx23. I don't think it has GPS in it anymore since it not on bustime.

The latest rumblings on the ex-Bees was that the last of those buses were supposed to be retired very soon, if not already...