Attention: In order to reply to messages, create topics, have access to other features of the community you must sign up for an account.
EE Broadway Local

BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

As of now. How many 1995 - 1996 RTS Nova Bus at East New York Depot are left.? Mostly 1995 - 1996 RTS Nova Bus at East New York Depot supposed to be retire now.. But not jealousy.. Is Jamaica Depot is willing to give up 1995 - 1996 RTS Nova bus send it to Eastchester Depot.. It is easy for Eastchester Depot to retire 1995 - 1996 RTS Nova Bus..

Nope ECH got rid of their 1996's in 2012 because they would break down on the Q50 and then they would have to be towed from Queens to the Bronx. The Orion V's were doing better so they were transferred to ECH. The reason why the 1995-1996 Orion V's were at ECH is because there were only a few in service and they would not have to be brought from Queens. Better to be retired at ECH because they are also the scrap depot.

Also the 1995-1997 Nova Bus RTS's are numbers 8750-9349.

8750 and 8751 are the 1995 units and were retired long ago.

8752-9249 are 1996 units

9250-9349 are 1997 units and they were originally used on express routes and had coach seating.

Question: the CNG order, is it going to be XN40s? (Saw this on Wikipedia but as always, don't trust it like that)

Edited by MysteriousBtrain

Question: the CNG order, is it going to be XN40s? (Saw this on Wikipedia but as always, don't trust it like that)

The award for that isn't due until the end of the year, early 2016 the latest

If anyone has an explanation for this it would be great. Why does the Q7 and Q41 have two stop at Cross Bay Blvd and Liberty Ave(southbound)? If you go on Google maps and go to Cross Bay and Liberty Ave you can see two bus shelters and bus two bus stop signs together. It is pretty weird seeing that there like that.

Everyone know. When will 1999 Orion5 #6000 series retirement or scrapping start. They did not start to scrapped 1999 Orion5 as of yet. At least Bronx & Staten Island can start to scrapped 1999 Orion5 #6000? If they have too many 1999 Orion5 #6000 series.

Everyone know. When will 1999 Orion5 #6000 series retirement or scrapping start. They did not start to scrapped 1999 Orion5 as of yet. At least Bronx & Staten Island can start to scrapped 1999 Orion5 #6000? If they have too many 1999 Orion5 #6000 series.

Lmaowut

• Upvote 2

Everyone know. When will 1999 Orion5 #6000 series retirement or scrapping start. They did not start to scrapped 1999 Orion5 as of yet. At least Bronx & Staten Island can start to scrapped 1999 Orion5 #6000? If they have too many 1999 Orion5 #6000 series.

Does proof reading sound familiar bro?

The XD40's and the LFS's are replacing the Orion V's.

Take your time with your response :)

Edited by NewFlyer 230

4266 got hit pretty bad in Bay Ridge, car looks f**ked bus looks OK.

What time was this? This appears to be an s79-SBS out of Yukon. I was in Bay Ridge about 3pm .

Also, thank you for reminding me.

From the Eltingville Transit Center, I made it to 34th and 6th Avenue on the s79-SBS ->  (R) ->  (D)  before the SIR/Ferry/ (1)  (2)  (3)  combination or x17 did (it was at 23rd, I walked south when I saw it FYI-  the x17  left ETC not too long after I left - and I recognized the B/O who does that run) !! I left ETC at 2:30pm and arrived at 34th Street at a little before 4pm.

Edited by 161passenger

Around 7. Bus looked like it was first in line or at the stop and someone came up and hit it real good.

Coming home from the island tonight actually felt mad long with the S79 and (R) from the mall compared to my usual S61-ferry-M15. Left the mall around 6:20 and got to Cortlandt on the (R) at like 8. Probably wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't take the (R) all the way up but that would've just added waiting for the (N) or (D) and a pain in the a$$ transfer at Atlantic and honestly I feel like the bus was the longer ride, longer than the 61 for sure even though they really should be about the same time.

4266 got hit pretty bad in Bay Ridge, car looks f**ked bus looks OK.

That car hit two buses. I wonder what happened.

Not often though they've been more frequently seen here and there of late, why?

Because he has nothing better to do than to stalk the hell out of bustime for things.

(I'm only joking)

Service Change  Posted: 04/15/2015  6:07PM 

X17J, X21, X22, X31 and X22A New Jersey bound buses are detoured to the Holland Tunnel due to road obstruction in Lincoln Tunnel.

Allow additional travel time.

Wonder what that road obstruction is about....

It appears that ENY is taking off the LBSS transmission modifications to the 4800s. 4811, 4818, 4819, 4820, 4831, 4836 and 4843 are among the few without it

The 2011 LFS's are getting repainted but no front stripe.

They done about 5 already...part of the 4 year overhaul

Delays  Posted: 04/15/2015 10:03PM 

BM1, BM2, BM3, BM4, BM5, BxM3, BxM4, BxM6, BxM7, BxM8, BxM9, BxM10, BxM11, M1, M2, M3, M4, M5, Q32, X1, X7, X9, X10, X12, X14, X17, X27, X28, X30, X30 and X42 buses are running with delays in both directions, due to heavy traffic on 5 Av between 86 St and 42 St.

Allow additional travel time.

:huh: