BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who know the answer. I can explain Is Gun Hill Depot Nova Bus LFS articulated bus 1200 - 1232 ever going to be repainted.. Spotted 1200 - 1232 couple of weeks. 1200 - 1232 are in horrible shape. Need some repainted.. That I can say...

The fuel tank of 2001 unit #7560 Orion7 CNG.. Have been expired.. Rather waiting 7560 retiring in 2016?. At least the fuel tank Orion7CNG 7560 only it good up to 14 years. So I hope anyone will able to know when only 7560 will be sent to scrap.. 7560 were built in 2001..

The fuel tank of 2001 unit #7560 Orion7 CNG.. Have been expired.. Rather waiting 7560 retiring in 2016?. At least the fuel tank Orion7CNG 7560 only it good up to 14 years. So I hope anyone will able to know when only 7560 will be sent to scrap.. 7560 were built in 2001..

The tanks for 7560 expire next year, which is when the new CNG buses will be expected to start service. All of the Orion 7 CNG buses have 15 year tanks.

The last purchase of 628 buses . To replace all 1997 - 1999 RTS - 06 nova bus all #9400 - #9600 series & #4900 - #5200 series.. When is the award date for the builder to get award if anyone can confirm ..

As 1000 - 1074 ( 75 New Flyers XD60 articulated bus ) be delivered. to (MTA) buses this year . I hope the idea or plan is not change... J.F.K Depot will return 2002 - 2003 D60 HF new flyer #5500- #5700 series to (MTA) nyct bus.. When J.F.K Depot get New Flyer XD60...

Edited by Cait Sith

Yesterday, for the first time in about a decade, I took the X63. I got on the first one to Manhattan at 6:22 AM from my stop. When I dipped my card in, it made the low pitched sound like I had a reduced fare card. Anyway, after traffic on the Van Wyck due to road work, we hauled ass on the LIE and got to Grand Central by 7

Yesterday, for the first time in about a decade, I took the X63. I got on the first one to Manhattan at 6:22 AM from my stop. When I dipped my card in, it made the low pitched sound like I had a reduced fare card. Anyway, after traffic on the Van Wyck due to road work, we hauled ass on the LIE and got to Grand Central by 7

That sounds great, I have yet to take one. If I do though, it would more likely be a PM rush bus.

Memorial Day to Labor Day

Bx12 "thru" service to/from Fordham starts off weekends/Memorial Day only until the end of June when the new pick starts, after which it becomes a daily service. I think the Bx12 shuttle service from Pelham Bay is daily Memorial Day-Labor Day.

I heard the Bx5 is going to be revamped soon with a weekend extension to Bay Plaza. IDK if it will still go to the beach if it's supposed to go to Bay Plaza weekends too...

Bx12 "thru" service to/from Fordham starts off weekends/Memorial Day only until the end of June when the new pick starts, after which it becomes a daily service. I think the Bx12 shuttle service from Pelham Bay is daily Memorial Day-Labor Day.

I heard the Bx5 is going to be revamped soon with a weekend extension to Bay Plaza. IDK if it will still go to the beach if it's supposed to go to Bay Plaza weekends too...

Perhaps they'll alternate buses, or add more Bx12 buses, or something. If that happens, Im pretty sure an extra transfer to the Bx12 will be placed.

Got off a B12 that short turned at New York av yesterday afternoon - News to me that the B12 even had them.

Lot of livid people on that bus... Normal crowd gets on b/w Alabama & Ralph, couple pickups & dropoffs here & there b/w Ralph & Utica, but all of a sudden, the b/o starts telling (potential) boarding pax at Utica that New York av is the last stop... He does this as the B12 that was in front of us, just pulls off... So you had the people that boarded b/w Alabama & (the stop before Utica) wanting to xfer over to the bus that just pulled off.... People wanted the b/o of the bus I was on to "call" the b/o of the bus in front.... Luckily (for them) there were about 4 or 5 people waiting to board at the next stop (schenectady/lefferts)... We pull up behind that bus, and I'd say about 20-25 people or so got off to xfer over to it.... Needless to say, that bus (an xcelsior, if anyone cares... lol) left crushloaded.... The RTS I was on, only had about 10 ppl. left on it....

Meant nothin to me, since I get off at Albany/clarkson (well before NY av).... I'm mentioning this because I found the whole situation to be odd.... When I boarded at Alabama, the bus was signed as going to Ocean av (like normal)... When I got off at Albany/Clarkson, it was signed as New York av... I wonder when along the way the destination sign was changed, if the b/o knew from jump that the bus wasn't going the full distance, or what....

Edited by B35 via Church

Got off a B12 that short turned at New York av yesterday afternoon - News to me that the B12 even had them.

Lot of livid people on that bus... Normal crowd gets on b/w Alabama & Ralph, couple pickups & dropoffs here & there b/w Ralph & Utica, but all of a sudden, the b/o starts telling (potential) boarding pax at Utica that New York av is the last stop... He does this as the B12 that was in front of us, just pulls off... So you had the people that boarded b/w Alabama & (the stop before Utica) wanting to xfer over to the bus that just pulled off.... People wanted the b/o of the bus I was on to "call" the b/o of the bus in front.... Luckily (for them) there were about 4 or 5 people waiting to board at the next stop (schenectady/lefferts)... We pull up behind that bus, and I'd say about 20-25 people or so got off to xfer over to it.... Needless to say, that bus (an xcelsior, if anyone cares... lol) left crushloaded.... The RTS I was on, only had about 10 ppl. left on it....

Meant nothin to me, since I get off at Albany/clarkson (well before NY av).... I'm mentioning this because I found the whole situation to be odd.... When I boarded at Alabama, the bus was signed as going to Ocean av (like normal)... When I got off at Albany/Clarkson, it was signed as New York av... I wonder when along the way the destination sign was changed, if the b/o knew from jump that the bus wasn't going the full distance, or what....

I was the driver of the excelsior lol I was like what is going on, I thought that console had put him out of service or something but I see that he keeps going, I have experienced operators put peopleoff the bus just because they can, so I thought the rts operator was playing that game, but then I saw that they had turned him short.