BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite frankly, SI is of higher priority than UP, because SI has had them for a lot longer time, they've used them more, and they're beat up in some cases. Ulmer will have all Prevosts on that line on the weekend, however the same can not be said for CH, YUK, and CTN. The older MCI's at UP shouldn't be a real problem unless they break down, which hasn't happened yet (at least I think).You will see older MCI's on those SI lines, even on the weekends, and that happens every weekend (Castleton having the most out). Now with New Prevosts, that shouldn't happen as much (still does though). Can't wait til Castleton gets Prevosts on its routes other than the X21. I have seen one on the X12 last summer though.

Castleton will always have the older buses because they always get the garbage.  I can't recall when they've had new buses direct from the factory on express bus lines. All they've had going back several years are newer buses from Yukon that were hand-me-downs.

Castleton will always have the older buses because they always get the garbage.  I can't recall when they've had new buses direct from the factory on express bus lines. All they've had going back several years are newer buses from Yukon that were hand-me-downs.

Didn't Castleton get the 2200s from the factory ?

Didn't Castleton get the 2200s from the factory ?

Not really, before it was at Yukon

No, those bues came from Yukon.  In fact I remember when they first got them and I would ride them on the X14 and X10. I was excited, but then realized that they were from Yukon.  They all must've had some sort of defect too... (I.e. messed up sign, ripped seat or something).

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

That's pretty much the case. But now that this new Prevost order is coming in, they'll basically have a whole new fleet of buses.

Something happen on 10th Avenue? I saw an M11 turn right from 42nd Street and it was empty. There were 3 bunched together from 42nd when I checked BusTime. Is the construction that bad, or did something else contribute to this change?

The crazy guy that was going around hitting people in the head was shot 5 times by 8th and 37th earlier this morning, so that's probably the reason.