BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess the buses and machines got started up and prepared early for almost no reason....

The MTA website now lists the M86 SBS start date as "coming soon", so it looks like July 13th is the official start date.

If they were going start it in mid-july instead of late june, honestly should of waited on wrapping the SBS vehicles at least.

Wrong and wrong.

The buses need to be wrapped early enough to get ready for the service. The machines need to get prepared and set up early enough for the service. This is the case with all of the SBS routes that have started over time. For them to "wait" to do something would cause more issues. Better to be safe than sorry.

Damnn son these B/Os think everyone is either ignorant or a fare beater. I got on the B1 with one metrocard. I had like $17 on it, I asked him can I dip it twice for my friend & I, he said yes. I did that & two fares went through. Then I asked him will there be two transfers, he said yes. When we walked to the back, I hear the F5 button get pressed twice. WTF did we do wrong? Then we get on the S79 & I tell him theres 2 transfers for me & my friend on the card. I dip the card, it says 2 Xfers OK, and the guy presses the F5 button again but once. Again, WTF did we do wrong? So embarrassing when they press that button on you.

Are you sure they pressed F5?

So now with the M86 SBS coming why not move the 15 Select to Tuskegee Airmen and the 15 local to MCH? The 86 and 15 would share fleets and MCH would have more normal artics for the M35.

I would rather have the 15 Select stay at Hale....at least they can make service with those artics. Airmen tends to be always short on artics to some degree because of an excess amount of them being out of service, on top of the fact that they beat the holy hell out of 1286-1289. I rode on 1286, 1287 and 1289 this past week, they ride like absolute shit now compared to one year ago.

Edited by Cait Sith

Amen to both 

These part timers are something else the other day had a guy who was part timer (his run number let me know) who took 2hrs from 23st/3ave to the end on the BM1 but had this full timer woman (she was beautiful too some eye candy as a bonus lmao) got into lower mahattan in 35 minutes from sheepshead on the 3, it is really frustrating taking the bus they are always late, I don't do it very often anymore. Yesterday while on the 1 I thought that the BM1 & 2 should just take prospect expwy all the way down and make a left on cortelyou, would be easier for everybody

Speaking of spring creek does anyone know whether the depot is taking on an extra route or expanding service? Its just that for the past 10 months-ish i have seen so many new drivers training, just too much. Does anyone have any info?

Not exactly sure, but the runs he may be referring to are the X8X or X9X run numbers.

probably those who are eligible to retire or bolting are going and their replacing them with the part timers, also how can you tell that he is a part timer via the run #?

If a run has an X, that doesn't necessarily mean they're part timers. It's almost impossible to tell who's a part timer or who's not from a run number because you don't know if they had the run all day or if someone else is taking over said run for another piece of as a relief.

Run sheets don't tell you that information either. This is almost like saying you saw a certain bus # on a route and you come to the conclusion that said bus will be back on that route the next day.

Edited by Cait Sith

probably those who are eligible to retire or bolting are going and their replacing them with the part timers, also how can you tell that he is a part timer via the run #?

Well I spoke to a B/O and all the "irregular run #'s " are part time

like run 291 for example is a four hour run and like 46 is 5 hrs all on the B100 but like 201 is 8rs all on the BM2

Edit: Above examples are fully accurate it comes from stealing paddle reports and talking to b/o's and stuff

Edited by NYSubwayBuff

If a run has an X, that doesn't necessarily mean they're part timers. It's almost impossible to tell who's a part timer or who's not from a run number because you don't know if they had the run all day or if someone else is taking over said run for another piece of as a relief.

Run sheets don't tell you that information either. This is almost like saying you saw a certain bus # on a route and you come to the conclusion that said bus will be back on that route the next day.

Well I spoke to a B/O and all the "irregular run #'s " are part time

like run 291 for example is a four hour run and like 46 is 5 hrs all on the B100 but like 201 is 8rs all on the BM2

Edit: Above examples are fully accurate it comes from stealing paddle reports and talking to b/o's and stuff

What I meant by X8X and X9X were the specific run numbers, with the first X being the bus route, the second one being the number based on order leaving the depot (ex: 181, 291, 481, etc...). I see the X9X runs in the afternoon, but seen the X8X once in the morning hours. My guess would be that the X8X runs are based in the morning, while the X9X are based in the afternoon.

Another question relating to Spring Creek: Are they trying to get rid of all the full-time runs (and have part-timers instead), or are they going to maintain full-time runs?

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Service Change  Posted: 06/28/2015  2:08PM 

B26 and Q58 buses are detoured due to road obstruction on Putnam Av and Palmetto Av.

Detour is as follows:

B26 Eastbound (Ridgewood Bound): Via Wyckoff Av, right on Palmetto Av and regular route.

Q58 Eastbound (Ridgewood Bound): Via Putnam Av, right on Wyckoff Av and regular route.

Allow additional travel time.

So essentially,the B26 and Q58 are running on the former routing again.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Service Change Posted: 06/28/2015 2:08PM

B26 and Q58 buses are detoured due to road obstruction on Putnam Av and Palmetto Av.

Detour is as follows:

B26 Eastbound (Ridgewood Bound): Via Wyckoff Av, right on Palmetto Av and regular route.

Q58 Eastbound (Ridgewood Bound): Via Putnam Av, right on Wyckoff Av and regular route.

Allow additional travel time.

So essentially,the B26 and Q58 are running on the former routing again.

Why did the B26 and Q58 get re-routed in the first place?

Residents are protesting the new B26 and Q58 reroute and are doing a march in the area (see my picture above BM5's post)

Yeah I know that the residents are protesting about the buses running down that block. I just wanted to know why they were re routed in the first place. The B26 and Q58 didn't seem to have a huge problem with its old routing.

Yeah I know that the residents are protesting about the buses running down that block. I just wanted to know why they were re routed in the first place. The B26 and Q58 didn't seem to have a huge problem with its old routing.

Oh. Look here then:

http://www.dnainfo.com/new-york/20150220/bushwick/mta-plans-reroute-buses-at-deadly-bushwick-ridgewood-intersection

What I meant by X8X and X9X were the specific run numbers, with the first X being the bus route, the second one being the number based on order leaving the depot (ex: 181, 291, 481, etc...). I see the X9X runs in the afternoon, but seen the X8X once in the morning hours. My guess would be that the X8X runs are based in the morning, while the X9X are based in the afternoon.

Another question relating to Spring Creek: Are they trying to get rid of all the full-time runs (and have part-timers instead), or are they going to maintain full-time runs?

I have no idea, i think the ppl at scheduling might just make the whole depot part time and just keep the full time runs for the f/t drivers until they retire

I have no idea, i think the ppl at scheduling might just make the whole depot part time and just keep the full time runs for the f/t drivers until they retire

I also think Spring Creek is heading in that direction... Seems like they're trying to rid itself of full time runs....

Why did the B26 and Q58 get re-routed in the first place?

Straw that broke the camel's back was some woman getting hit & killed by a turning bus a couple years ago after coming out of the Myrtle-Wyckoff station.... DOT made several changes about the area when it happened, including brighter traffic lights under the el & repainting the crosswalks.....

What in the heck is OF and OH??

OH = Tuskegee

OF = Hale

Edited by B35 via Church

One Forty Eighth Street and One Hundredth Street depots.

OH = Tuskegee

OF = Hale

Since when are they referred to like that???

I also think Spring Creek is heading in that direction... Seems like they're trying to rid itself of full time runs....

And if and when that happens they'll probably look to make more cuts...

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8

Since when are they referred to like that???

Since always, it's just the initialized versions of their original names. (most ops say it by their names, but it's mostly used on the inside)

-EDIT-

So they're finally rolling out these new programs, only on the M15 as of now. Shot these today.

11249848_10153991258744348_8616872571018

11659359_10153991260289348_8763409138088

Edited by Cait Sith