BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I noticed how several V's on the q32 where rusting severely. 6051 is rusting on the inside under the run number display. It's pretty bad. Most if not all the V's on the q32 are in bad shape. One of the rusted black-back V's got retired recently Only one that didn't actually look bad was 6012 which I walked by when I was at the last stop today.  

And that's strange. I thought Stengel was gonna get the 2015 LFS's, not the XD40's.

Majority of the Orion V's at the moment city-wide have that rusting going on at the run number display.

Some good ones:

6034, 6012 (ex-Eastchester), and 6340(I think that was the last Orion V to get repainted, not sure). 

Everything else either has rusting around the wheels, peeling paint, or broken bodies. Some might even have everything. 

People, those 3G's are NOT going to MTA Bus. They're only getting their 4-year overhauls from College Point and ENY like MHV9218 already stated. You guys make a lot of assumptions too quickly.

Why do they have to go all the way to CP just for a repaint? Doesn't Grand Ave do repaints too?

Also it is natural to assume something I bet you do it all the time. It is just unusual to see a Orion 3G all the way in Queens since they operate on Staten Island.

Why do they have to go all the way to CP just for a repaint? Doesn't Grand Ave do repaints too?

Also it is natural to assume something I bet you do it all the time. It is just unusual to see a Orion 3G all the way in Queens since they operate on Staten Island.

Each of the CMFs have their own duties and specific bus fleet to repaint and work on. CP's facility is also pretty big. EN and CP for the most part have the job of repainting and working on the 3Gs.

Edited by Cait Sith

Each of the CMFs have their own duties and specific bus fleet to repaint and work on. CP's facility is also pretty big. EN and CP for the most part have the job of repainting and working on the 3Gs.

Oh alright I learned something new.

I made an honest assumption because someone yesterday said that a 3G running out of Castleton was repainted and labeled "MTA Bus".

Oh alright I learned something new.

I made an honest assumption because someone yesterday said that a 3G running out of Castleton was repainted and labeled "MTA Bus".

Yeah, it happens. Much like when 3760(?) and 3505 had MTA New York City Bus on them but were in MTA Bus depots.

People, those 3G's are NOT going to MTA Bus. They're only getting their 4-year overhauls from College Point and ENY like MHV9218 already stated. You guys make a lot of assumptions too quickly.

College Point giving overhauls??? They can't even fix their own MCIs...  Sending their buses up to us by Yonkers Depot... <_<

What routing is the BxM1 supposed to have when it gets off the Harlem River Drive? I saw one going down Park Avenue off the Harlem River Drive and saw another one going down 5th Avenue past 106th.

"Officially" after the Harlem River Drive, it's 2nd Avenue down to 116th, then 116th over to Lex, but the Harlem River Drive can be slammed, so they can go whichever way works best.  For example, I was on a Super Express BxM1 this morning.  We used the Deegan all the day down, came off and went down to 2nd over to 96th and came across that way.  Lex from 116 to 96th can be plagued by terrible traffic (never knew all of the housing projects over there had so many people that drove).  If they're coming down 5th, they've usually escaped the FDR around 143rd and taken 5th to try to get over to 96th where traffic moves a bit better.

And whaddya know....they've been sending their buses to CP for work as well! <_<

Who is "they"? <_<  If you mean Yonkers, they're known for better maintenance.  CP however, I've heard horror stories.  Send buses out in any old shape.  Yonkers has far fewer express buses than CP anyway and is a small depot, so if anything I would expect Yonkers to be sending buses elsewhere to be maintained, not CP.

Edited by Via Garibaldi 8