BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

I started to notice minor cracking on the Orion VII NG's, atleast the ones running out of CS. Is this cracking from slight accidents, or is it just the bus itself deteriorating..?

Accidents that weren't repaired properly, especially if the repair was made at Zerega...

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know what happened here:

The video was posted earlier this year.

That is in Jamaica on Sutphin Blvd and 95th Ave on the first turn that the Q25, Q34, and Q65 make. The problem was the driver on the New Flyer turned too soon and hit the back of the Orion VII.

Question: Was gunhill depot, at 1 point, known as John Lawe Depot? I ask this because on the flyer for the union meetings its listed as John Lawe Depot (Gunhill). I also noticed the Tuskegee and Clara Hale appear on the same flyer with their "new" names, but Manhattanville appears as its former title "132nd street garage".

Yes I saw them putting them up today at Jewel Ave.

They're making good progress on the Q44 SBS. Main St has already been repaved from Elder Av to Kissena Blvd. It's still a really bumpy and uncomfortable ride from Northern to Kissena, and from Elder to Booth Memorial. The road has been destroying these buses, I'm pretty sure that the roads are the reason why the joint (or whatever you call it) squeaks on some buses, and makes loud noises on others (the type of noise you hear on trains when they come to a halt). 

OH MY LORD

Service Change  Posted: 10/10/2015 12:03AM 

M60SBS buses are detoured and Q18Q19Q69Q100Q101 and Q102 buses are running with delays in both directions due to a vehicular accident on the Robert F Kennedy Bridge.

Detour is as follows:

M60SBS to Manhattan: From LGA via regular route, exit airport, left on Astoria Blvd, enter the Whitestone Expwy to Whitestone Bridge, continue to Brukner Expwy toward RFK Bridge, exit 125 St and regular route.

All corresponding stops will be made.

Allow additional travel time.

Also,

M5 buses are detoured due to FDNY activity on Broadway and Fulton St.

Detour is as follows:

Southbound: Via Broadway, left on Park Row, right on Frankfort St, right on Pearl St, left on Broad St and regular route.

All corresponding stops will be made along the detoured route.

They're making good progress on the Q44 SBS. Main St has already been repaved from Elder Av to Kissena Blvd. It's still a really bumpy and uncomfortable ride from Northern to Kissena, and from Elder to Booth Memorial. The road has been destroying these buses, I'm pretty sure that the roads are the reason why the joint (or whatever you call it) squeaks on some buses, and makes loud noises on others (the type of noise you hear on trains when they come to a halt). 

While the Q44SBS is on track to start possibly next month.

No word yet on the B46SBS? Spotted a train strip the other day on the (4) train. Train sets 7671-7675 have the strip for SBS46+

While the Q44SBS is on track to start possibly next month.

No word yet on the B46SBS? Spotted a train strip the other day on the (4) train. Train sets 7671-7675 have the strip for SBS46+

The B46 SBS got put on hold. They're probably going to wait until Flatbush gets more artics. 

FR just got old MCI's yet they still put a hybrid out on the QM15. 3744 is out there right now.

I don't think they are there anymore. I'm not sure what the story is with the two buses, but they've been moving around a lot.

OH MY LORD

M60SBS buses are detoured and Q18Q19Q69Q100Q101 and Q102 buses are running with delays in both directions due to a vehicular accident on the Robert F Kennedy Bridge.

Detour is as follows:

M60SBS to Manhattan: From LGA via regular route, exit airport, left on Astoria Blvd, enter the Whitestone Expwy to Whitestone Bridge, continue to Brukner Expwy toward RFK Bridge, exit 125 St and regular route.

All corresponding stops will be made.

Also,

M5 buses are detoured due to FDNY activity on Broadway and Fulton St.

Detour is as follows:

Southbound: Via Broadway, left on Park Row, right on Frankfort St, right on Pearl St, left on Broad St and regular route.

All corresponding stops will be made along the detoured route.

LOL.....that's one hell of a detour, DAMN!!

I don't think they are there anymore. I'm not sure what the story is with the two buses, but they've been moving around a lot.

LOL.....that's one hell of a detour, DAMN!!

I don't know what happened, but yesterday was just horrible all around.  All of the BxM 5th Avenue express buses were on detour from 116th to 96th.  Our BxM2 was on 5th already at 125th, then went around that park on 124th as it normally does and came around back onto 5th, then turned on 116th, went over to Lex, went down Lex to 96th and then came back across 96th to come back on 5th.  <_<

WTF is going on on the BM1-4. There's buses within 30 minutes of each other (BM1/BM3) or bunched (BM2), all going towards midtown. This makes the outbound BM4 late (since now the 9:20 depature is running about 40 minutes late), and will affect the BM5, since the first run outbound is a BM3 interline, and some runs are also BM1 interlines.

EDIT: 2250, 2242, 3117, 3251 have been in the same spot for a while. Either both buses managed to break down, or there has been an accident of sorts.

Edited by BM5 via Woodhaven

Looks like they couldn't get enough buses to do the (L) express shuttle bus es. All buses are going local from Canarsie to Myrtle.

There's enough now and the express ones are up and running. The express ones are using Myrtle to Bushwick and the locals are doing the usual roundabout. My local that I'm on ended up catching the express that left first at Cooper & Bushwick

Oh my god there was a time the RTS was to be revived as an NYC bus?

T42-210MTA4705_zpsajavezlv.jpg

RTSLowFloorInterior_zpsel1jcyzd.jpg

And on top of that, it was to be a coach too?

T42-209MTA2500-1_zpsu5rfe8fx.jpg

RTSExpressInterior_zpsn7www9v0.jpg

I came across these looking on the wayback machine and looked at the mta bus assignments thread, which included DE60LFRs and the 3G CNGs. I wonder how many other pilots and proposed models were made that I didn't know about....