BUS - Random Thoughts Thread

• Replies 38.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh my god there was a time the RTS was to be revived as an NYC bus?

T42-210MTA4705_zpsajavezlv.jpg

RTSLowFloorInterior_zpsel1jcyzd.jpg

And on top of that, it was to be a coach too?

T42-209MTA2500-1_zpsu5rfe8fx.jpg

RTSExpressInterior_zpsn7www9v0.jpg

I came across these looking on the wayback machine and looked at the mta bus assignments thread, which included DE60LFRs and the 3G CNGs. I wonder how many other pilots and proposed models were made that I didn't know about....

That's the Millennium RTS surburban which has since went belly up as they couldn't really find any contracts. The MTA scheme was a photoshop.

With the Q44 SBS coming up i'm interested in seeing what the headways are going to look like and what they decide to do with the short turns to Flushing. Also, I learned that it's possible to have Q50 buses packed on weekends and the Bx5 extension seems to have done little if anything to help crowding on the Bx12 coming out of Bay Plaza on weekends.

With the Q44 SBS coming up i'm interested in seeing what the headways are going to look like and what they decide to do with the short turns to Flushing. Also, I learned that it's possible to have Q50 buses packed on weekends and the Bx5 extension seems to have done little if anything to help crowding on the Bx12 coming out of Bay Plaza on weekends.

The MTA supervisor I spoke to while they were installing the 44 SBS machines this week told me they are going to be putting more buses on the line for shorter headways. He also kept trying to explain the concept of SBS to me, as if I had no idea what it was lol.

The MTA supervisor I spoke to while they were installing the 44 SBS machines this week told me they are going to be putting more buses on the line for shorter headways. He also kept trying to explain the concept of SBS to me, as if I had no idea what it was lol.

Well that is what happens. He probably doesn't even know that a forum like this exist and that we all talk on here everyday about our transit system. My friends never get lost with me lol.

Sigh the Q44 SBS can't wait to see all those fare beaters.

Well that is what happens. He probably doesn't even know that a forum like this exist and that we all talk on here everyday about our transit system. My friends never get lost with me lol.

Sigh the Q44 SBS can't wait to see all those fare beaters.

I bet all those fare beaters will those asian senior citizen that always get on the bus with an empty metrocard and act surprised when it has no money 

I bet all those fare beaters will those asian senior citizen that always get on the bus with an empty metrocard and act surprised when it has no money

I wouldn't say them necessary but I can feel that they may have problems figuring out how SBS works. And some of them may think the Q20 is SBS as well. The MTA needs to advertise SBS better to the general public so people would already know how SBS works and it's purpose.

I noticed that the S74 and 78 goes through the entire route like the Staten Island Railway but the S78 is longer

I rode #6000 the S78 all the way from St. George to the Mall on Friday. It was a nice ride from about Bay Terrace to Bricktown because there were about 4 people left on the bus. There was a stretch where the bus didn't stop for almost 30 minutes.

I rode #6000 the S78 all the way from St. George to the Mall on Friday. It was a nice ride from about Bay Terrace to Bricktown because there were about 4 people left on the bus. There was a stretch where the bus didn't stop for almost 30 minutes.

makes sense most people take the s59 and s79